The Runaway

"Hurry dude! Run!" Pulling her with me. I picked the wrong day to wear a dress to school.

"This is worse than last year!" Aleez was huffing with her bag on her side.

We were running towards the staircase towards the second floor. Why are these books so heavy?!

" Hurry, I can hear footsteps!"

"More like a stampede!"

She tried to laugh, " Stop it! I can't run and laugh at the same time! It hurts!"

I reached the second floor before she did. "Hurry dude!"

"You run first, they're not after me they're after you." I ran towards the left, cornering it. I ran pass classes and made a right turn. Why does our school have so many corners and corridors. I ran down another corridor and make my last corner turn sliding off, turning to look for Allez.

"Aahh!"

BAAMM!!!

Ouch! That seriously hurt! Opening my eyes I noticed that it's not only me on the floor.

"Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to.. I didn't see you.." I stuttered.

"It's okay." He said while picking up his books while I sit up and helped him while catching my breath.

" Are you okay?" He looked at me with his deep grey eyes.

" Just an early in-school jog." I smiled at him.

He gave me a full smile " Running away from someone?"

"More like running away from a stampede." picking up his paper and books.

" Stampede? Of what?" Looking confused.

"Wolves. Hormone ranging, prom obsessed and incredibly psychotic wolves."

He gave a small laugh "Prom invites?"

"Yeah.. The most dangerous mission of any teenagers life."

We both stood up and I handed over his books.

"Thanks."

"Actually I should thank you. I owe you one because I bumped into you."

"I'll accept that IOU. Anyway, my name is.."

Aleez came running our way, "Dude! I can't stop them anymore! They're on their way! Run!!"

" Oh darn! I have to go I'm sorry." I was starting to run forward with Aleez next to me. I shouted him a good bye and ran faster. We ran up the third floor and down a corridor.

"They're coming! Sooner or later they'll find us!"

"This way." I dragged her into the janitor's room.

Footsteps approaching the door.

"Where did she go?" the boys were outside the door.

"I don't know. You think she went up to the third floor?"

"It could be. Let's break up and look for her." The boys spread and we stayed in the janitor's.

I turned to look at Aleez. "What?! Don't look at me like that! You look murderous."

"Well it's your fault we're in this mess. Stop! I got that wrong. ME in this MESS!"

"I didn't do anything.'

"Are you serious?! You told everyone in Ms. Lady's class I might be going!" I shouted in a hushed tone avoiding attention.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know news travel that fast!"

"This is high school. News flow in the air we breath."

"But you are going, are you not?"

"I don't know." I sighed and slid to the floor.

***************************************************************************************************************

After 30 minutes in the janitor's closet we walked out making sure no boys we around there. We stalked down the stairs to the first floor quietly staying alert for any boys. We turned the corner and stalked away.

THUMP! THUMP!

Are those footsteps or is my ears playing tricks on me? We saw a group of boys looking our way.

"There she is!"

"Run!" Aleez and I ran as fast as we can. Another sound of footsteps was coming from the west side of the school. OH GOSH! Even more boys! We sprinted towards an archway and entered into the half covered glass door hearing upon entering it.

We were leaning against the door, breathing heavily, looking out the glass door.

"Ahem." A person was clearing their throat. "What are you girls doing?" we looked around to see...

The Principal.

He was looking at us intently and confused. "We're sorry Mr. Lartment, we were chased."

"Chased by what exactly?"

"A pack of wolves." Aleez laughed under her breath.

"Excuse me?"

"Boys, Mr. Lartment. She meant boys."

Mr. Lartment rubs his forehead. "Take a seat girls" he pointed towards the chairs in front of him. "Now, why were you chased?"

"It's because they wanted to ask Callista to prom with them." Mr. Lartment moves to the front of his desk and sat down on it.

"They heard that Callista might go to prom this year." Aleez bluntly stated.

Mr. Lartment looked confused and shocked, even our principal was effected by it. "Is this true Callista?"

"Yes, maybe." I gave a sigh and continued "I don't know myself Mr. Lartment"

"How many boys were chasing you?" Mr. Lartment asked out of randomness.

"About 20 or so." I looked at him.

Mr.Lartment massaged his temples. "Ms.Wonders, I suggest that you choose someone to go to prom with you so this disturbance doesn't continue and have a wonderful time on that day."

DID MY PRINCIPAL ASKED ME TO FIND A DATE?! WAS I THAT BAD?!

"Now go to class and tell your teachers that you were with me and pick up your slip from the reception." He pointed at the door and picked up the phone.