The Captured

(Helio’s POV)

“Will you go out on a date with me?”

Did Callista just asked me out on a date? I was going to ask her out soon but I guess this is an opportunity right?

I smiled at her.

“What do you say Helio? Will you go out on a little date with me?” She bats her lashes and gave me a smile. How I wanted to hug her in her arms.

“Ye.. yeah Callista.” I cleared my throat “Sure Callista.” She gave me a really wide smile.

“Thanks so much Helio. I can’t wait to see Aleez’s face, she’s going to freak!”

“Aleez?” I looked at her walking to the lockers.

“Yeah, you, me, Cyril and Aleez are going together. I mean we should leave them alone so they have privacy.”

“Wait what?”

“Well were not going a real date. Just to set them up together.”

I must have frowned because when she turned around.

“Helio?” She looked at me. “Did you think we would go on a real date?”

I look at her and change my expression “No I didn’t think like that.” I just lied through my teeth.

“You’re lying Helio.” She wasn’t asking, it was a statement.

“No I’m not Callista.” I looked at my feet to avoid looking at her.

She held my face in her hands “I know you’re lying.”

I looked at her and smiled “It’s for Aleez isn’t it. I saw how she looked at him when we were at the field. She must really like him.”

“She’s actually in love with him and I think that he’s in love with her.”

“Well then we should set them up on a date!” I said cheerfully.

She smiled showing her beautiful face “Yes we should!” She giggled. “I’ll see you later during lunch, today I’ll buy you lunch. No IOU’s okay?” She laughed and ran off waving at me.

I walked slowly to my next class.

How could she want to go out on a date with me? I mean she has really good looking brothers and she likes Archemy, he’s a good athlete too. I mean, what would she see in me?

The day went on as usual. Time passed by fast and it’s time for lunch.

I walked out into the cafeteria to look at the table I sat at yesterday. I could see three girls sitting there, but where’s my angel?

I picked out some food nodding at the boys who were around my angel yesterday and they just nodded back. The doors were opened and the cafeteria went quiet. I turned around to see a group, no, more like the whole squad of cheerleaders at the doorway. They were in their uniforms, the colours of blue, ivory and gold. I still remembered it since my angel wore it the first time I saw her, only which the patterns has change.

The cheerleaders walked into the cafeteria giggling all the way to their table. I just kept looking at the girls searching for my angel. The door closed leaving the last cheerleader to enter but she was nowhere to be found.

I turned back to my tray, moving forward. The door opened once again to reveal my angel. She had her hair tied up in a ponytail her hair in waves, wearing her uniform and school jacket. She turns to look around the room and waved at the other cheerleaders and her friends. She turned back to look at me and ran forward.