The Good Night Kiss

“Helio what are you doing here?” He turns around and looks at me.

“Oh, hey Callista.” He waved at me with his right hand and a cookie in his other hand.

“Hey Helio, but what are you doing here?” Still looking at him while he chewed his cookie.

My mum looked at me looking cross “Callista, we do not be rude to our guest.” She crossed her arms.

“Sorry mum and sorry Helio. I’m not trying to be rude but I really want to know what are you doing here?” I looked at him and he gave me a smile.

He chuckled “I’m here to return your Calculus exercise book. You left it when you ran out of the cafeteria.”

“Well how did you know where I lived? Are you stalking me?! OH MY GOSH!” My eyes almost popped out.

He laughed and shook his head. “Nah, I tried to look for you after you ran out with Archemy but you were already gone from my sight I knew you needed the book for homework.”

“Why didn’t you just give it to me after school? I had cheerleading practice until late afternoon.”

“I did look for you at the school entrance but I didn’t see you so Aleez gave me your address so I can return it.”

“Why didn’t you just give it to her?”

“She didn’t want to take it, she asked me to return it myself.” He shrugged his shoulders. Aleez was up to her tricks again.

“Sorry you had to wait for me to return it. I was late because I went out to lunch with Archemy.”

“Oh well, it's okay.” He stood up from his stool.

 My dad cleared his throat. “Who’s Archemy? I’ve heard his name twice in your conversation.”

I looked up at my dad. I didn’t know what to answer him, he’s going to have different ideas of what’s happening.

“Well..” Helio spoke “he was the one who asked her to prom at the cafeteria today.” He was now looking at his feet.

“Callista, this boy asked you out?” He was eyeing me.

“Yes dad but I haven’t given him an answer yet. I don’t know if I want to go with him.”

Helio looked up at me and smiled.

“Well, Callista honey I just want you to make the right choice.” I just nodded my head.

Helio broke the silence “Well I think I should go home now.” He was making his way to the door until my dad blocked his way.

“You should join us for dinner Helio.” My dad said to him until my mum butted in.

“Yes, it’s the most we can do for coming all the way to return Calli’s book.”

“I would love to Mr and Mrs. Wonders but I wouldn’t want to impose.” The three of them looked at me.

I rolled my eyes “You’re not imposing on anything. You should really join us for dinner.”

My mum and dad gave each other high fives.

“Well, you two should go upstairs while we make dinner.”

I pulled him upstairs into the library/study room.

“You sit here Helio.” I pulled a chair and pushed him down to sit. I went to take the needed stationary from the table.

“Since we have 10 questions and we have already done two so we’ll split okay?”

“Yeah, sure okay.”