Romantic Letter

I see her drove off and turn around towards my door house.

“Helio, you really do like her don’t you?”

I looked at her “Who mom?”

“Helio, don’t act like I don’t know. I saw the way you look at her.” She sighed for a moment “Why do you keep doing this to yourself? You’ve had feelings for her for such a long time.”

I flinched “What are you talking about mom; I just met her this year.”

“I know that you just met her this year, but I know you’ve liked her for the past two years.”

I turned to look at her “Are you reading my mind mom? Because I know I don’t a diary or anything.”

“We were at your last game remember; the one where you fainted?” I just nodded “Well when we sent you to the hospital you keep mentioning my angel. I never did know who she was until I saw Callista the other day. The way you look at her was like the way your father looked at me.”

“I don’t even know how you know that mom.”

She shrugged her shoulders “At first I didn’t until I suddenly saw you paid so much attention to her. Now I know why it didn’t really bothered you when we wanted to move here because she was the angel that saved you during the game wasn’t she?”

I nodded and she continued “Well you found her now honey, so go and get her.”

My mom touched my face and went into the kitchen while I made my way upstairs. I took a shower touching my bruised cheek it hurt but it didn’t matter. I did it to protect my dearest angel.

I took a towel off the rack and dried my body and hair. I walked to the mirror and look at my reflection. I touched the cheek looking at the bruised. The colour black and blue could be seen; I traced my bruise with my finger, looking at it through the mirror. My fingers falling to my lips; I touched my lips looking at it through the mirror and remembered that I kissed her.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my room getting dress. I pulled my white thin t-shirt over my head and it brushed my lips making me think about her more. I lay in bed looking at the ceiling.

She didn’t resist when I kissed the corner of her lips and she did say that if I gave her a chance she might be my girlfriend. Maybe she wasn’t joking when she said it.

I closed my eyes imagining my angel until I drift to sleep dreaming of her.

I woke up and walked to the bathroom going through my daily ritual. I entered once again into my room to get changed for school. Once I was finished I opened the door and walked down the hallway towards the staircase.

Hahahahah..

I could hear laughter coming from below. It was my mom, was she laughing with my dad? Is my dad home?

Hahahahah..

I heard another laugh, only this time it didn’t belong to my mom and I’m positive that it didn’t belong to my dad.

Hahahaha..

There it was again. It was a feminine laugh that was filled with joy. I ran down the stairs and heard it again. It was coming from the kitchen.

I stepped in the kitchen and saw my dad in a white apron in his office clothes. His blue neck tie was tucked underneath an apron which was over his white shirt. He had a pan in his hand and was trying to flip a pancake without a spatula. My mom was on the other side squeezing fresh orange juice with the juicer. They were laughing and seemed to enjoy themselves.