Hello Cal Bear

How could this happen?

"We need to go to her house, the girls are there already." Joel started to jog down the hallway and I followed. He ran to his car and I ran to mine; speeding to her house. Police cars were littered everywhere. There were police officers on the lawn. We were stopped by one of the officer when we walk up to the lawn but when they saw Joel they let us through. We ran inside her house without knocking and it doesn't matter either because everyone was in the living room.

I walk in and saw the girls comforting Mrs. Wonders and Mr. Wonders was speaking to the police. His face look strained and worried, he put his fingers on his temples while talking to the police; he was frustrated. Her mother was crying while the girls brought her a drink and tried to calm her down.

I look up the stairs to see a group of men in a black multi pocketed vest with 'Forensic" written on the back walk down the stairs. One of them handed a box case to the other then made his way to Mr. Wonders and so did I.

"Mr. Wonders."

"Yes?" he looks tired.

"I'm Dr. Thad Markups; I'm in charge of this case." We nod understanding "I have a few questions to ask you."

"Alright." Mr. Wonders nods.

"Did you touch anything when you entered her room?" He took out a notepad.

"Just the door and we found her phone on the bedside table. I think that's just it." he sigh as the man jotted down on his notepad.

"When did you see her last?"

"Last night."

"Did she have any trouble at home or in school?"

"No, she was an excellent student. Most of her classes she's in are Advance Placement classes. She never had social problems in school."

"Does she have any odd habits or did something unusual lately?"

"No."

"Umm.." her father and the man look at me.

"What is it Helio?" Her father looks at me.

"She has trouble sleeping lately." I spoke up.

"Do you know why?" the doctor looks at me.

"She said she had reoccurring dreams."

"Do you know what is it about?"

"No, she never told me." The man nodded at us.

"Thank you, that would be all the questions." He close his notebook and place it back into his vest pocket "So, it seems like this is a kidnapping case. We found a rag that smells like chloroform but there was no force entry and as you said earlier the only thing missing was her handbag." Her father nodded "If it really is a kidnapping case then we'll put her photo in the missing person server." He looks at her dad and put a hand on his arm "Don't worry Mr. Wonders, we'll find her." He nod and walks away.

"Thank you Helio." Mr. Wonders walks to the living room and sat next to his wife; comforting her while the others steps into the kitchen.

I just stood there looking at her wailing for Calli and her father was on the edge of tears.

"Who would take my baby?" she sniff "Why would they do this?" she continues wailing and he just hugs her.

"It's okay darling, she'll be fine. She's a smart girl. They'll catch whoever did this to her and she'll be home safe." He was calming her but it doesn't sound strong. He was afraid too. I can't bare to see them so I head to the kitchen.