Chapter 38: Bill's Past Part 3 (3/4)

"Oh, I see you two are awake, good morning." Mother opened the door as she made what looked like a gentle smile.

"Morning, mummy! I was just showing Bill the pendant you and father bought, once more." Mill ran over to mum.

Staying quiet, I stared at my mother wondering if she remembered what happened last night when I shouted and ran.

"Bill? Are you okay? what's the matter?" Mother walked over to me and placed her hand over my head. She then hugged me.

I was shocked to see her hug me, I did the same, "I'm fine, mum."

"Well, you don't feel as though as you have a fever. Come, I'll make tea for you and Mill." Mother walked out.

"Yay!" Mill cheered, walking along side with mum.

(In the kitchen)

"Tea~ tea~ tea~" Mill sang in a complete harmony.

Mother was always famous for making almost any type of tea, Mill, and I's favorite tea was honey lemon. Maybe it was because bright yellow color it made and the sweet taste to it. Unlike, my father whose favorite was the great Earl Grey tea. But making tea was least of mothers problems, buying tea was.

"There, one for you and one for Mill." Mother rested the two teacups for me and Mill.

The both of us took, sips at the same time, "Wow! This one's even better, mum!"

"Mill, you always say that every day." Mother chuckled.

"Mum," I said quietly.

"What is it, Bill?"

"How did I get this accident to my right eye?" I finally asked, wanting to know her side of this mysterious story. Mother stared at the table, quiet as well.

"You got that a long time ago, Bill, we were attacked and you stepped in to protect Mill, from a crazy peasant. Your father came too late to stop the man, what that man did to you, I won't forget. H-He...stabbed you in your precious eye. I'm sorry....I couldn't protect you." Mother began to tear up.

So that's what she remembers, then why am I remembering something else, that seemed more real. Something changed and if that happened, what else changed? "I don't remember that mum, I have a different memory of how I got this."

"Bill, I'm telling you the truth. Maybe, you were so shocked from the accident, that it made you forgot. Please....please don't let me relive that moment again." Mother cried a bit.

Mill went over to comfort our mother. The house fell into complete silence.

*BOOM!*

Something struck from afar, I quickly rose up and looked out the window, there I saw cannons rolling it and enemy soldiers running with guns towards the town. My mother grabbed Mill and I and dashed off to the back of the house.

"We need to leave, NOW!" Mother ducked down, searching the back area for any soldiers. There was a loud bang on our front door.

I opened the back door and pulled mother and Mill. We headed into the forest, hopefully, we weren't seen running. "Mum, what's gonna happen to us?"

"Nothing, sweetheart." Mum hugged Mill tighter.

"Where's father gone to!?!" I yelled breathing heavily.

"He went into town, oh my Irene, I hope he's okay." Still running, I saw a few soldiers who were heading to the town. Mother, Mill and I hid behind the trees. "Clear!" I loudly whispered.

We continued to make our way to the safe point, where other survivors should be. "I hope father, is okay," Mill said still worried about our father.