Chapter 16: ER

A/n I really want to thank you for reading, voting, and commenting. I couldn't be happier about how this story is working out. Please enjoy this chapter
-------

I wake up sitting on someone's lap and realize that it's Gage. Gage has also fallen asleep sitting on the bench and looks like he's uncomfortable. I poke his cheek. Then I poke his cheek again and he shutters a little. I poke his cheek three more times but he doesn't move so then I resort to the good old wet willy. 

He jerks Awake and then looks around and pulls me closer. Once he sees that the coast is clear he pulls me back to look me over and then he says,

"What happened?"

I look around not wanting to tell him I gave him a wet willy.

"You wouldn't wake up, so I gave you wet willy."

He laughs and says,

"I haven't had anyone do that to me since 1st grade."

I laugh then too.

"Hey we need to take you to the hospital" Gage says concern lacing his voice.

"Okay, I don't want to, knowing what they will say but I guess it's for the best."

I stand up with my bare feet hitting the ground and with the help of Gage and my crutch I walk to Gage's car and make my way into the passenger side seat.

I struggle to buckle my seat belt as Gage walks around his car and hops into the drivers seat. He puts the keys in the ignition and helps me out the seat belt into the clasp.

As we drive down the street a playlist on iheart radio is  playing. I listen to the music and start to sing along after the first few songs. When we stop at a traffic light I see Gage looking at me eyes filled with curiosity and amusement.

I smile a big goofy grin and look at him. When I do this he smiles back and looks really happy.

I look at the street light and see that it's green.  I point at it and Gage sees what I mean. He pushes on the gas pedal and the car lurches forward.

I look out the window and sing along to the song in my head.

I close my eyes and lean my head against the window not falling asleep but wishing I could.

"Hey, Delilah, we're here"

I open my eyes and give Gage a slight smile in thanks. I press the button and my seat belt releases. I open the passenger door and wait for Gage so I can get out of the car without harming my leg more.

I hop onto the ground with one leg and my right arm placed around Gage's waist, while I wrestle with my crutch. 

I want to just lay on the ground and pretend to be a log at this point. My whole body feels like an aging hickory tree. Sore muscles and rusty  joints begging for sleep, that they won't get for a long time.
Every step I take my knee send an aching pain throughout my body.

Everyone told me to take it easy and be careful. I didn't listen and now I have to pay the price, I guess it's worth it though. We won!!

"Gage?" I whisper careful not to raise
My voice and make him jump which would cause my to fall quicker than a smashed bug.

"Yes?" He replies flaming at me ever so slightly as he continues to walk with me.

"I'm sorry you have to be here." I say sighing. I feel the guilt Weigh me
Down. He should be asleep in bed sleeping peacefully but instead he's walking me into the ER.

When we make it to the front desk I give them my name and they give me a big packet to fill out, an unfair trade if you ask me.  The packet is At lest ten pages long and it gives me a pounding headache.

For the next hour I fill out the stupid packet. When I'm done Gage walks it up to the desk and gets a coffee.

*3 hours later*

"Delilah"

I hop along to the entrance to the examining room and sit on the bed thing in one of the rooms. I tap my fingers on my knee and look at Gage who is leaning against the plain white wall.  I give a nervous laugh. Gage looks at me with a questioning look upon his face.

"I hate the doctors. They suck." I say with a half smile to reassure him that I'm okay. Gage walks over to me and hugs me tightly.

"You know I think the doctor suck too" Gage says to me.

Right then the doctor knocks on the door, Gage goes back to leaning on the wall and the doctor comes in.

The doctor is older and has grey hair mixed in with his red.

"I'm Dr. Pete and I'll be your doctor today. So this form say that your previously hurt knee is causing you pain, is that correct?"

"Yup, I hurt it playing football." I say cringing at the look he gives me.

I lay down and lift my dress up just past my knee to he can look at it.

He pokes and prods it not paying attention to me, and the groans of pain coming from Me.

"Let's get an x-Ray" the annoying doctor says.

"Okay" says one of the nurse in the room.

After and hour they find out that I just severely sprained my knee.

I'm sent home with pain killers and a brace. A note that says I can't play football for 2 weeks is giving to me as well but I pay no mind to that.

------
A/n I'm really sorry it's a shorter chapter but I wanted to give you guys a nice update now instead of a week.
Love you all.