Chapter 27: Friends?

A/n I wake up this morning and I see this!! We made it! This book is number 114 in teen fiction! This means so much to me, have fun reading, love you!

------

I wake up in a different room in my house, with an arm around my waist.

I get up and out of the bed only to see a wide awake Gage.

"Good morning" Gage says, smiling.

"Morning." I say.

Gage comes and hugs me. "Listen, we can do this however you want, be friends for awhile longer, we can do whatever you want."

I nod my head. "Listen, I like you, I just don't know."

"Don't know what?"

"How it would work" I say looking down.

"What do you mean?"

I look at him, "We have one year of school left, then we are off to college"

"We could be on the other sides of the country for four years. "

"And... We have a guarantied year, we can figure out  the rest when we get to that point."

"What if, something happens?" I say still not completely confident that it will work out.

"It doesn't matter, I'm willing to take the chance." Gage says.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"I am, are you?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now let's go eat we can talk this through later."

"Okay"

Gage grabs my hand and as we approach my door I walk in.

"I have to get different clothes." I explain "and just brush up a bit."

He sits on my bed and I Go into my closet getting a pair of sweat pants and a crop top, which stops right above my belly button. The sweat pants come up to right under my belly button.

I go into the bathroom and change. I brush my teeth, and put my hair into a messy bun, wrap a bandana around my head and tie it so its like a head band. I pull out a couple of pieces of hair to frame my face.

I open the door only to see Gage on my bed dancing to a song playing on my radio.

He turns around, sees me, and he stops mid robotic arm.

"Whoops, um, I'll just, yeah. Let's go."

We walk down the stairs and to the kitchen. Unfortunately for us everyone was up and waiting for me to cook. So all heads turn towards us.

Almost everyone's mouths were hanging open. For exactly 44 seconds everything was quiet.

"What are you guys?"

"Oh, that's so cute, awe."

"Good job man"

"Oh look at them they're so cute"

"Get it"

I laughed, "calm down almost nothing happened."

"Almost nothing?!"

"Of course you catch the almost."

I sigh and look at Gage, he shrugs.

"Yeah we just kissed, that's it. I swear"

"You went through with the dare?"

I look at Gage to see he's really confused.