- Addiction 14 -

14
• • •
Karma Sundai Iñigo

"Did you miss me?" He asked

"How the hell did you find me?"

He rolled his sleeves up, "I've been tracking you down for a long time" He stated, "What did I tell you about leaving?"

"You said nothing about-"

"Yes the fuck I did. I told you that claim you, yet you signed divorce papers that I didn't even sign and left Africa"

"I left to get away from all of you. I didn't want to stay there"

"Why not?"

"I didn't want to be married to a man who's 23 years older than me!" I exclaimed, "You're controlling and abusive and disgusting"

Lamar chuckled, "Okay, Karma. But I'm warning you, I'll be back"

Feeling my stomach twist in disgust, he walked away from the door. I rolled my eyes, closing the door shut. Never in my life would I have thought to see him again. He's a stuck up and dominating man, so I did not want him in my presence or sight at all.

Meanwhile, hours passed and I sighed heavily, plopping onto the couch. I had to go to the daycare to work my minimum shift, run to my apartment to pack some clothes, then come back to the penthouse. Taking out my phone, Maryland was calling me on FaceTime.

"GIRL, YOU AND ZADDY ARE ON TELEVISION!" She blurted out, stuffing her mouth with popcorn, "AHUHU! GOALS!"

"Wait, what?" I frowned, turning the TV on

Maryland told me the channel and I changed to the Wendy Williams Show.

The show usually comes on at midnight, but Maryland can find anything and everything.

Watching the screen, they showed little clips of Orlyndo and I at the pier and walking off the Ferris Wheel. They snapped photos of us hugging and him touching my behind.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh!" Maryland squealed, "Looky looky"

I gulped, seeing Orlyndo sitting next to Wendy. Orlyndo had a strict facial expression, waiting to be asked a question.

Note: I watch her show sometimes, but I don't watch it enough to know how she askes questions. Ya feel me?

"Is this your girlfriend?" She inquired, referring to me on the screen behind her

He slightly shrugged along with a nod, "Something like that"

"You guys sure seem to be happy together, and she's a very beautiful young lady" Wendy smiled, "Didn't think you were into dark skin, plus size women"

He glared blankly in her direction, "Explain to me what you mean"

"Usually we would always see you with European or American models, like Cara Delevingne or the singer Pia Mia. Do you even have a type?"

Orlyndo adjusted his tie and cleared his throat, "I'm not going to sit here and let you question my likes and dislikes because that's for me to know and no one else. But to answer your question, yes, I do have a type"

"And that is?"

My lips became dry while watching him. Maryland and I were severely quiet. The silence broke by her chomping on popcorn.

"A woman who carries herself well, has multiple and high standards and goals for themselves. I like what I like. I'm not ashamed of my taste" He licked his lips, staring at the camera and back at Wendy. My heart stopped, "And I know that this lady I'm with has everything that I'm looking for"