- Addiction 18 -

18
• • •
Karma Sundai Iñigo

"Are you crazy?! Why did you give him a restraining order?!" I yelled at Lamar

"So he can stay as far away from you as possible. Now, we can be together" He tried giving me a kiss

I pushed him into the wall, "No! I don't want to be with you! You're sick"

"Not as sick as you. You're just a low life with a death diagnosis, Karma. He didn't want you anyways. He only felt sorry for somebody like you, don't you know that?"

Quickly grabbing my bag, I went the other way towards the door. Feeling him grip my arm, I turned around and kicked him in his private area and punched his face.

"You're going to regret that, Karma" Lamar strained out

I breathed heavily, watching his nose bleed, "I don't regret anything"

Leaving out the building, I rushed to catch a bus. I had no clue to where I was, so I told the bus driver if he could take me to Santa Monica.

Lamar thought that since Orlyndo and I got into an argument, he could take me away from California and move me back to Africa to marry him. He told me about how he put a restraining order on Orlyndo, saying that he and/or I couldn't be within fifty feet of each other.

This is bullshit.

I didn't care about a stupid piece of paper, I wanted Orlyndo back. Or what Maryland would call him, my zaddy back.

An hour passed and I got off the bus. Looking at my surroundings, I walked down the street. I knew where I was due to the names of the streets.

My body dragged along with me as I tried to find my apartment complex. Covering my nose, my nostrils kept dripping out blood. I searched through my bag to find tissue, but of course, I had no more. I cursed myself out, turning to go down a sidewalk.

Spotting my apartment complex, I hurried to the parking lot. I got out my keys while I approached my car- once I got in, I grabbed the tissue box and wiped the dried up blood from my upper lip.

The bleeding stopped and I took the time to relax before I left.

"Hel-"

"I'mma kill someone"

"Maryland!"

She groaned, "My boss is a jackass. He's saying I have to go to Germany for a month and a half"

"Wait," I pouted, "Why?"

"My other job picked five accountants to help with some corporation in Germany and I'm one of the them that has to go"

"Sounds like a good opportunity" I told her, putting my key in the ignition

"That means I have to leave Zayn at my Kohl's job, Karma" She whined

"Maryland, he has a girlfriend"

"And the problem is?"

I laughed, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I gotta go"

"Kay kay, I love you"

"I love you too" I replied, ending the call

Driving down the road, I prepared myself for some of the bad and good outcomes. A part of me did not want to do this, but I was going to regardless.