- Addiction 29 - UNEDITED

*short chapter*
29
• • •
Orlyndo Toni Braune

I played with her hair while watching No Good Deeds on the television

Karma would always glance at me like she was afraid, but I didn't think too deep about it. I saw her text rapidly on her phone and put it up.

"Who are you texting at this time of night?" I chuckled, kissing her forehead

"Nobody"

My jaw clenched at her one worded reply, "Nobody? Is it someone that I know about?"

"Probably" She mumbled, "But it's no one, I promise"

Seeing her phone brighten up, my eyes squinted to see an unknown number. I went to take it, but she instantly took it away from my reach.

Me, being the possessive and crazy man that I am, I become infuriated with her behavior. The twitch took over my left eye, my jaw tightening every second the phone lit up in Karma's hand.

"Hey, babe. Do you like it when I look at you like this?"

She gulped, "No"

"Then who the fuck is texting you?!" I stood up, my hands forming into fists, "Who the hell could my lady be texting at one in the damn morning?!"

"Calm down-"

"Give me the fucking phone"

She lowered her body, slowly shaking her head, "No. You're going to be pissed"

"This isn't pissed enough for you?" I laughed, "Do you

"This isn't pissed enough for you?" I laughed, "Do you.. Do you want me to break shit? Is that what you want?"

Hearing her breathing hitch and seeing her lips become dry, I grabbed the brown vase from the coffee table. I tossed it up and down in my hands, then threw it at the wall over her head. My hand grasped the sides of her face- I lowered myself down, my nose inches away from hers.

"What I tell you about keeping secrets from me, baby? Hm?" I scowled

"N-Not to do it"

"So I want you to listen, listen real good, and make sure that thick skull of yours will let this sink in" I roughly tapped her temple, "If I see you doing some shit I don't like, seeing you hide things from me, talking to people I despise, or if I even find out you're doing anything that doesn't sit right with me- just know, it's a punishment that you don't want.

At this point I don't fucking care if I'm scaring you. I don't give a shit if you want to cry.

Now, I want you to give me that phone and not say a word unless I tell you to speak"

She handed me her cell, the screen filled up with nothing but messages from the unknown number. I put my fingerprint in and it unlocked.

(310)-555-8176 - I know you missed me. You don't need to be with a bitch like him

(310)-555-8176 - My sex is probably better

(310)-555-8176 - If your fat ass don't answer my messages...

(310)-555-8176 - Karma, we're still together even if the divorce papers are official. You're still mine and always will be

Tapping the phone in my hands, I pursed my lips together, "Explain"

Karma exhaled deeply, "His name is Lamar-"

The grip I had on the device tightened.

"- and my father forced me into marrying him in Africa when I was twelve. I didn't want to be married, especially at that age. I been through a lot of abuse and sexual assaults back at home, so I ran away to come here. But before I left, I signed divorce papers and tricked Lamar into signing them too. Now I guess he's here somewhere, yet he doesn't want me, he only wants to send me back to Africa to get his $100,000 from my father"

My anger simmered down a tiny bit, but not enough for me to throw her phone at the wall. It shattered into pieces, the pieces sprawling all over the wooden floor.

Not even in the mood to reck this living room. I need to keep my sanity.

Lamar is nothing but a pussy in my book. He's threatening a woman who doesn't have interest in him through text messages. How pathetic.

"How did he find you?"

"I don't know, but he found me at your penthouse when you left for work one day"

"And you didn't tell me?!"

She quivered, "You were being an asshole all the time, of course I couldn't tell you"

All of my anger fled from my body, watching her sob in her hands in front of me.

"But I'm sorry, okay? I didn't want to tell you because of how you're acting right now. And I know that you'll do something crazy in the long run, which could probably end up with you in jail or something. I don't want that to happen" She cried

Karma knows me too well.

"Sweetheart, stop crying. I apologize" I ran my hand through my hair, sitting beside her on the couch

Her face came in contact with my chest, her weeping becoming unbearable for her to control, "This isn't fair"

I winced at the thought of almost hitting her, at the memory of me saying I would punish her.

Punishment which was hurting- not sexually, not physically, but mentally. The type that could mess your mind up, the type that I didn't care who I did it to.

But I was just trying to prove my point. I would never do that Karma.

"Look at me" I stated, she shook her head, "Look at me, babe"

She let out shaky breaths while lifting her head up. Her red eyes gazed at me, tears racing violently down her cheeks. My heart ached at the sight.

"I'm not going to let him get near you, understand?" I pecked her lips repeatedly, "I got you, babygirl"

Karma soon fell asleep around two-thirty. After I carried her to the bedroom, I tucked her in bed and left to go to my art office. I called someone who I know who would be up at this time.

"Hallo? Wer ist dies?" He asked

"It's Orlyndo" I muttered, not regretting my decision yet

"Son" His voice was filled with amusement, "How may I help you?"