one

Today

After walking for almost two hours, using my hand to cover the blood dripping from my stab wound, I finally find a small telephone box, with a warm coloured street light beside it.

The bastard shot me in the arm with an arrow.

I hurry to the phone as relief washes over me, it looks like it hasn't been touched in years and I pray it works.

I pull the eighty cents from my pocket, and deposit everything into the small collector, before dialling Wes' number that I had memorised.

Paranoia seeps through me as I look around the empty road. No cars are in sight, and I see a fox crawl out of the thick woods.

I immediately shut the door of the pay phone, hoping the animal doesn't come close to me.

The phone rings more times than I hoped it would've and I become to feel defeated as tears fall from my swollen eyes.

"Wes?" I say, when I hear that the phone has been answered.

"Hello?" He says, his voice laced with confusion.

"Wesley? Wes, it's me Lola." I cry into the phone, hoping he'll hear me.

"Lola?" He asks, and I can feel his energy mostly focused on surprise.

"It's me." I say, wiping my face full of tears, looking outside from the glass box for any cars coming by, or an animal waiting to attack me.

"Lola? Lola, I can't hear you." He tells me.

After I repeat a few hellos into the phone, it's clear he can't hear me, but that doesn't make either of us drop the phone.

"Lola, where are you!" He asks, and I hear a few voices in the background asking where I am and what's going on.

I try to respond but he doesn't hear me, and my heart races further.

"Lola? Lola, if this is you. I will find you." I hear the sincerity in his voice.

"I promise. You'll be okay, I love you Lola, hold on to that, never let it go." He tells me.

I nod and drop the phone, before sinking to the bare cement and eventually falling asleep.

Don't be confused, what did you think though? xo