thirty seven

"Where the hell are we going? My feet are tired." I pull tighter on my mum's sweater so I can cover up my chest.

Most of my body has dried up and my hair is crunchy and has an awkward texture for some reason. Wesley and I are walking down the sidewalks of an empty road, the only source of light is an orange street lamp placed at the end of the sidewalk.

My parents probably aren't worried where I am, considering I'm with their friend's step son.

Yes, Wesley's Step-Dad is the one and only Mr Adenuga.

It was quite unexpected actually, the whole walk to the house Wesley explained how much he hated his stepdad and he couldn't wait to move out.

"Do you always complain this much?" Wesley says from in front of me, as we make a turn into another dark road.

"Complaining is healthy." I smile.

"Well it's getting unhealthy for my ears." He sighs, "We're almost there." He says, and I ask almost where?

I shouldn't be trusting him and walking to a place I don't know at eleven pm, but I'm curious to see where I'm going.

We approach a large driveway, and behind it is the most beautiful Victorian house I've ever seen. The house looks very familiar, and that's when I realise it looks just like the Salvatore Mansion from The Vampire Diaries.

"Woah." I say a bit too loud for Wesley's ears.

He shushes me and I roll my eyes at him asking what exactly we are doing here.

"I have to get something." He says, sneaking towards the foyer, me following behind.

"This isn't your house." I whisper violently.

"You don't think I know that?" He rolls his eyes at me, the small lamp stuck to the wall of the house illuminating his face.

He's good looking, Dear God, why can't I be good looking, I say in my head and sigh a little.

Wesley goes to the front door and lifts up the door mat, and gets a key. Within a few milliseconds, he pushes the key through the door and we are in the house.

There's a fire burning straight ahead, and the house is very nice. It's like I'm in the actual TV show.

"Just wait right here." He says, and makes a left turn, leaving me to stand above the small steps.

I feel like I could walk around this house and not get lost. I feel weird being here and begin to wonder why this house is even here in the first place. My thoughts are interrupted by a voice that calls from behind me.

"Um, hello?" I turn around and see Derek standing in his seat but his tie is unknotted and is resting on his shoulders, he's holding a short glass and he walks past me towards a small table by the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, feeling very queasy all of a sudden.

"I should ask you the same considering this is my house." He pours Bourbon from a tall glass and takes a drink from his cup.

"This is your house?" I raise an eyebrow and pull my sweater on tighter.

"Surprised?" He raises his on eyebrow, and gives a small grin looking at me from his side.

I am clearly surprised, I want to say but don't want to be impolite so I just shrug and give a small, 'I guess'.

"So, why are you here exactly? And how did you get in?" He stands with one hand in his pocket and one hand on his glass staring at me.

From the corner of my eye, I notice Wesley walking towards us but as soon as he sees Derek, he turns around in surprise, Derek doesn't notice.

"I- um," I clear my throat while I try to think of something to say, "I got lost and um, I was um, going, going to my car," I laugh, "And I just followed you here, because I wanted to apologise for slamming you with my car door."

I hope he's convinced.

"It's fine. As I said it was my mistake." He laughs.

Wesley is trying to get me to look at him in the corner and when I finally do, he's motioning for me to leave.

"Right, okay. So I'll get going, sorry for barging in your door was unlocked." I say and wish I didn't.

"My door is never unlocked." He says, with a straight face.

I swallow and pretend I didn't hear him, "See you around." I turn and walk towards the door, my heart racing.

-

Who's your favourite character? Mine is Lane, oops 🙊