thirty

"I'm sorry about Lane, he's just been really, really on edge." Wesley says from the backseat.

I look in my rear view mirror and watch as Steph and Wesley flirt with each other. They look like a picture perfect couple. His dark skin compliments her fair milky skin, he caresses his thumb over her bold freckles.

I don't say anything, I just listen to the music coming from the radio while Steph lists reasons why Coldplay is better than The Fray to Wesley, which of course I agree with.

I have to drop Wesley off at his house because after Lane stormed off, we had trouble finding him and he was Wesley's ride.

"Actually Lola, you could just stop right here." Wesley points to the side of a road, the road that doesn't have any houses, it's more of shops and empty alleys.

"We aren't there yet." Steph laughs, I look at her in the mirror trying to get her not to question him.

"We'll see you at school Wesley." I smile at him and he picks his bag, and waves at me.

"Bye Steph. I'll call you." He says and starts walking slowly, probably waiting for us to drive by.

"What was that about?" Steph almost uses her behind to completely suffocate me as she tries to climb from the back seat to the front.

"I don't know, maybe he doesn't want his girlfriend stalking him while he's asleep." I tease her.

"Hey..." Steph giggles, pretending to be offended.

I'm not concerned too much about Wesley and whatever it is he's hiding about where he lives, especially since I don't know him very well, Steph seems to care for him though.

By the time Steph and I go to the mall and get back home around five, Lane's car isn't parked on our street anymore.

-

Someone said Reece is a 4/10? 🤔
LOOOL that makes me a -14/10 😩

Someone said Reece is a 4/10? 🤔LOOOL that makes me a -14/10 😩