six

Thank you for 2K ❤️

"And you should be happy school is free for you guys, or else you'll be wasting thousands of dollars on things you're never use in the future like the area of a freaking sandune."

Mr Saltzman, my homeroom teacher tells us and the whole class bursts into laughter.

So far he has been entertaining since the beginning of registration that lasts an hour since it's the first day.

He tells us about the time he asked a girl out and was about to kiss her in the movie theatre and he threw up in her mouth.

"Naa, I'm just kidding." He laughs and the entire class joins him.

"You all have your class schedules, and if you've misplaced your locker combinations, you can get it from me or from the front office." He points to his desk.

He finally says, "And if you have any problems, I'll be in the counsellor's office cause I am also your part time guidance counsellor unfortunately." Then he dismisses us.

The rest of the day goes better than I had expected.

I eat lunch with Eugene and Stephanie, while I wonder why a lot of last year's students aren't here anymore and  they've been replaced by fresh unfamiliar faces.

"Why are there so many new people?" I ask, not meaning to say it aloud as we walk out of the cafeteria.

"The senior exchange program." Steph replies.

"The what?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Wait," She laughs, "Why did you think I was here then?"

I shrug laughing, telling her I never bothered to ask.

"Every twelfth grade, students from schools not as good as ones like Palos Hills get to apply to spend the year here, or any other good school across the country and graduate from there, for better chances of getting into college, didn't you know?"

If I knew I wouldn't be stuck in Palos Hills, I say in my mind and am shocked from what I'm hearing.

"How did no one tell me about this?" I ask her, and she shakes her head smiling at me.