fifty six

"Why are you giving me that look?" I ask Wesley, using my facial expression to notify him that I am uncomfortable.

"Cause you're stupid, you are absolutely, completely stupid Lola." He rolls his eyes, I focus, keeping my eyes on the word try not to let his harsh tone and words sting me.

"Excuse me? How am I stupid?" I make sure to raise my voice higher than his as I come to a halt in front of a red light.

"First off, you steal my diary-- journal, you ask stupid questions all the time about things that don't concern you-" He turns to face me and I do the same.

"I want to know who the girl in that picture is! She looks exactly like me, how does that not concern me?" I try and reason with Wesley but he continues to throw his rude demeanour at me with a harsh tone.

"It doesn't concern you!" He yells at me, "You want to bark and argue all day long with me but let Lane toss you around like a little b--" He barely gets to finish his words as I strike him across the face with my hand.

"Don't you dare." I warn him.

The light turns green and I continue to drive him back to his house. The realisation that I'm driving someone who doesn't deserve my time of day to his house hits me and when we get to a mostly deserted road, I hit the brakes.

"Get out."

"Lola-"

"Get out of my car Wesley."

He can walk in the almost dark cold for the next thirty minutes, I wouldn't care.

He doesn't say anything, he snatches his journal from between us and opens the door.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I ask. "You argue with me unnecessarily over the dumbest things and always try to pick a fight with me." I pull out my car keys and go out of my car when he does.

He begins to walk away, straight through the middle of the road.

"Why are you so angry with me! You barely know me! I thought we could be friends- we were getting along two days ago!" I yell at him.

"You thought we could be friends? Well I thought the same but every time I look at you," he sighs, as if he can't be bothered to finish his sentence.

"Every time you look at me what?" I spoke softly before taking a step towards him, my car still flashing lights because I pushed the hazard button.

"Every time I look at you I want to hurt you. I feel pain when I look at you Lola, and I feel this pain cause every damn time I look at you, all I see is Dana."