fifty four

Coming back to 3,000+ notifications 😳 oops

"Why do you have this?" I say, taking a seat on the line with the mysterious picture still between my fingers.

He doesn't say anything but proceeds to kneel in front of the table and look through the files. A short purple haired girl walks into the room and that's when I recognise her as the girl I met in the parking lot of Target when I ran into Wesley, and unfortunately Lane.

Renée?

I try to remember her name.My memory is clear on some days and blurry on others.

"Woah, what is she doing here?" She gasps as she stares at the photo I'm holding.

"I don't know, she was looking for me." Wesley shrugs and continues what he was initially doing.

The expression on his face is odd. He's thinking as he looks at each sheet of paper. Sunlight reflects on high points of his face like his cheekbones and the thin line in the middle of his nose, his eyebrows arch when he looks at another paper.

"Would someone like to explain to me what the hell is going on?" I snap.

Reneé walks towards Wesley and sits on the floor beside him, while he takes it upon himself to shush me.

"Hello?" I say, questioning their ability to even acknowledge my very confused presence.

Wesley grabs the picture out of my hand and places it beside a group of other ones that I just noticed were on the coffee table in front of him.

All the pictures show the girl, the girl being my doppelgänger, because I know that is not me. In every single picture she's in that exact park, with Alex.

They seem to be different days, because her outfit has changed and the exposure is different, different weathers.

"Someone sent these to me today." Wesley says, looking towards me.

"Why would they send them to you and not to me?" I ask, not sure if he's telling the truth.

"I don't know. It was in an envelope in my mail box this morning."

"Maybe they want you to know something that they don't want Lola to know." Renée suggests.

"Or maybe it's just photoshop and someone's messing with us." He says and stands up. "We have to find Alex." He then suggests.

"Woah- I am not joining that. If they is who he says he is, he is a psychopath and I don't want to go around searching for him." I complain.

"Meet us back here tomorrow. I can't do chemistry today." Wesley says before him and Renée exit the room.

As I walking out of the den, I notice a brown leather book on the coffee table. The pages are messy and the handwriting inside is Wesley's.

As soon as I see the words Dear Diary, I shove the book into my bag.