thirty one

"So basically at school, this junior came up to me and asked me the dumbest question." Steph says as she pulls her spaghetti from the microwave.

"What did they ask?" I grin, scrolling through my Instagram feed.

"She was like how did you get your lips to look so much like Kylie Jenner's?" She lets out a loud laugh, opening the fridge and is probably looking for the meatball sauce.

"It's in the second compartment." I tell her, and she thanks me. "So what did you tell her?" I ask, prompting her to continue.

"I was like bitch, the real question is how did Kylie Jenner get her lips to look so much like mine."

Steph tells me and I burst into laughter, even my mum gives a small snicker from the couch where she is reading her bible.

I'm surprised she doesn't flinch at Steph's choice of words, especially using the word bitch, but at the same time what is she going to do, punish her?

Steph lips aren't that big, they're full and plump but they look nothing like Kylie Jenner's. Steph's lips look way more natural.

I look out the window and notice Lane is still not there, before I stand up to go close the blinds.

I spend the rest of the night doing my Literature homework, which is to read a few chapters of a very boring book, and then write a 500 word review, which doesn't seem a lot to me.

As lay in bed, I try evaluate everything that happened today. Derek and Lane are brothers, I start to think of the possibilities of that night and all the evidence is pointing to Derek.

When I try to drink a glass of water to calm myself down it doesn't work and I end up throwing it back up into my bathroom sink.

-

hubby #2

(@dbrazierr on Instagram)