five

Lane's car tails behind mine as I drive Steph and I to school, so I decide on taking a different, yet longer route to get there.

We get to school about fifteen minutes before registration and I take the time to show Stephanie around the school.

A fountain covers the front of the stairs, and loads of students stand around hugging, talking lots in our school jackets and cheerleading wear.

The American flag stands tall on a field of grass, and there's a car park reserved for twelfth graders and teachers.

I spot Lane leaning against his car with his arm wrapped around a black girl's neck, talking to a group of his friends and their own girlfriends.

"I've only been to the senior's building once, so I don't know everywhere but I can show you some of the classrooms." I smile at Stephanie and she nods.

The inside of the building has filled up yet, considering most people are outside so the hallways are sparse and still quiet.

By the time I show Steph the art room, the bell rings and it's time for registration.

Students fills the halls and I begin to become anxious as some stare at me and some faces are unfamiliar.

"I can't believe I'm spending senior year here!" Steph exclaims over the loud noise of the crowd and I laugh.

It's not all that, trust me, I say in my mind but keep my remark to myself.

Luckily Steph and I share the same homeroom in class 205, so we make our way there, choosing our seats and the classroom gradually begins to fill up.