twenty six

"Hey, Lola! Wait up!" Eugene says as I walk to my car with Steph.

"I'll meet you in the car." I tell Steph and hand her the keys, while walking towards Eugene, "What's up?" I ask him.

"It's about Dani." He says and I'm immediately uninterested in what he is saying, which I tell him.

"She really wants to see you. After Gabi died in Junior Year, she just got out of it, she started doing drugs and her parents took her to one Teen Rehabilitation Centre in Beverly Hills-" He tells me.

"Yeah, I know." I cut him off. "But what does any of this have to do with me?"

"She really wants to see you. She can't leave and she asked me to tell you- to ask, if you would go see her?"

"I'm not doing that." I tell him.

It may not be fair that I'm being friendly to Lane and Laura, I'd be friendly to Dani if she was here but I'm not going all the way to Beverly Hills.

And friendly doesn't mean we are friends, it's more passive aggressive.

"Please, Lola. She won't eat, sleep, and I know things didn't-"

"Yeah, okay. I'll think about it." I tell him, a bit distracted when I see Laura walking out of the school building.

My eyes follow her as she crosses the road and slides into a light blue car, the same one that picked me up when my car got stuck on my way to In-N-Out.

Derek? I question myself, I can barely remember his name but I think that's him. He's the one driving the car.

He stares at me suspiciously as I stand in the school car park, but he quickly moves his eyes as he drives away.