ten

Thank you for 100K, I am so grateful 🙏🏾❤️

I've been walking for seven minutes.

It feels like it's been way longer, considering I'm tired and hungry, which is never a good combination.

The road is bare and quiet, and I have an idea of how to get back to Palos Hills without Siri giving me directions.

I try calling my mum again but the call fails because there is still no signal, and my battery is close to ten percent.

The sound of a car tire hitting the gravel road catches my attention and I look up to see a blue retro convertible, very similar to Damon's car from The Vampire Diaries, that I love so much.

Although I'm a bit embarrassed, I begin to wave at the car as it comes closer to me in hopes that the person will stop and help me.

The car park besides me and I grow very anxious when I see a tall light caramel skinned boy come out of the car.

He's dressed in a leather jacket, a grey shirt and black blue jeans and his face looks very familiar even though I've never met him before.

"Dana?" He asks me, his face filled with surprise.

Dana? He must be assuming I'm someone else, and I proceed to shake my head and tell him that's not me.

"Oh, no I'm not Dana.." I say the name quietly, trying to trail my sentence off a little bit.

"Oh right, I thought you were someone else." He says, smiling at me.

But then it hits me.

This isn't the first time someone's mistaken me for 'Dana'.