Chapter 3: The Knife

Chapter 3:

I walk back up the path. My best bet now is to just try to get back to the Victors Village so I can get home.

As I'm walking up I see a fork in the path. Now I see where Miya went. I must have ran right past the fork. I have no clue which one goes back to the Victors Village or which one she took. I take the left one. If it's not the one that leads to the Victors Village, at least it could lead to Miya.

I'm walking for what seems like hours, even though I know it's only been 20 minutes at most. I look back every now and then, making sure I don't miss any more turns.

The path is getting smaller. It used to be able to fit five people walking across, now it can only fit one.

I continue walking and looking for turns in the path. I know that this is not the path to the fence. I would have been at the Victors Village by now, maybe even home by now.

My stomach growls. I wish I brought a backpack with some food. A compass could even be helpful right now.

My stomach growls again. Must be around lunchtime. Lunchtime. Ugh! I was suppose to be back my now. I'm in so much trouble. I don't even know if I'm going to find Miya anymore.

Then I hear it. Someone steps on a branch, cracking it.

"Miya?" I ask

I don't hear a response.

"Miya?" I ask, louder.

I hear the snap of a branch again.

"Hello?" I ask. "Who's there?"

I'm getting nervous. Whoever is here, they're close.

"I know you're there!" I yell.

Still no answer. I hear it again, this time it's even closer. I turn around and run down the path. As I'm running something comes from the side of the path and slams me to the ground. I hit my head against the ground hard. Some blood runs down from my forehead. My arms sting, from thorns and rocks on the ground. My back and side hurt too. My leg that I scraped earlier is stinging.

I look up and the person is on top of me, I still can't tell who they are, or what they look like.

They reach behind them and pull out something. It takes me a little bit to figure out what it is but I see it now.

A knife.