Chapter 11: Willow Tree

Chapter 11:

We meet by the willow in the morning. I brought food so we don't have to go back and eat.

During the morning, we teach each other survival skills. He teaches me how to find and make shelter, how to make a fire and a weapon out of a stick. I teach him what plants you can and can't eat.

We eat lunch and then we start teaching each other about hunting. I show him how to shoot a bow and arrow. He teaches me how to throw and dodge a knife, and how to fight with the stick weapon.

After we've finished we climb the willow tree. We find a comfortable spot and talk. We talk about fighting and surviving. I tell him all the great memories I had here. He tells me what the Capitol is like, and what it was like staying there.

At sunset we're in the field laying down by each other. I move closer and lean on him and he wraps his arm around me. We stay like that for a while, and then he sits up.

"Kamela?" he asks.

"Yeah?" I say

He doesn't say anything back. I sit up. He just looks at me. I look back at him.

Then I don't know what happens, but someone leans in and the next thing I know, we're kissing.

He pulls away and looks at me. I look back at him.

He smiles and I smile back.

"I like you a lot." I say and wrap my arms around him and kiss him.

We stop kissing for a second. He's holding me close and my arms are around him. Slowly the sun sets and we watch the sky change colors before the night goes dark.