Chapter 8: The Field

Chapter 8:

We took the shortcut to town instead of the path through the forest. We've been walking for about 10 minutes when we come across a field.

"I know this place." I say.

"Are you sure about that?" he asks.

"Yeah, I go here all the time. My house is just across this field."

I look across the field and see the giant willow tree.

"See that willow tree over there?" I point to the tree. "My house is just up the path behind that tree."

"I go here all the time to get to town." he says.

"I go here whenever I need a break." I pause. "Now I can see you, cause I know how to get to your house."

Shoot! Why did I say that? That was so stupid.

"I'm sorry, I--"

He cuts me off "It's okay. I'm glad that you would want to see me."

I blush. I don't know why, but I do.

"Are you blushing?" He asks.

Dang it, he noticed. "Um, I don't know."

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why am I saying such dumb things all of a sudden.

He laughs. "Well then, I hope to see you sometime soon."

"Yeah." I answer back.

He starts walking back to the forest. I watch him go back. Right before he goes into the forest he turns around.

I turn around, hoping he didn't see me staring at him. Then I start going back to my house. I break into a run and don't stop until I get back to the main road.