Chapter 10: I Don't Like Him

Chapter 10:

The next morning I go over to Talon's home. He's happy to see me, which I'm happy about. We talk for a little bit and I find out that he does have a phone. I ask if he wants to come over and he grabs me and carries me out the door and out to the field, he puts me down there and we run to the willow tree. We walk on the path and the main road, talking as we go.

My whole family, besides my older brother is here. We walk in and they just stop what they're doing and stare. I can tell Talon doesn't like this.

"You must be Talon." My mom says, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you."

"You too." Talon replies.

"Um, dad, this is Talon." I say

My dad walks over and greets Talon.

"Talon, this is my dad."

"Nice to meet you Talon." My dad says.

"You too, sir." Talon says shaking his hand.

"And this is Miya," I say, pointing to her. "and Malik." I point to him.

"Nice to meet you both." Talon says.

"Let's go up to my room." I say.

We both head up the stairs and go into my room.

"Have a seat anywhere." I say.

He sits down on my bed.

"I'm sorry, that was kind of awkward."

"No, it was fine." He says.

We continue talking, getting to know each other. His favorite color is red, like the leaves in the fall. Mine is blue, like the clear blue pond. We get to know more and talk about little things we know. And pretty soon we're on the topic of hunting. He says he knows a bit about that, and I said he same. So tomorrow we're going out into the forest where my dad and I used to go and teach each other what we know.

We eat at my house and soon after he heads home.

I can't sleep tonight. I don't know why. I can't stop thinking about him. If I get any sleep at all, I'm dreaming about him. His name, his voice, his house, his food, his muscles, everything.

Maybe I like him. I mean I like him, but do I like, like him? I've never felt this way about anyone. No one, nothing. I don't like him. I don't like, like him. I really don't. Who am I kidding.

I'm falling head over heals for this boy.