Peanut Butter and Jealous

Travis's POV

When I walk out the door, I see Katelyn still waiting by her mailbox. She spots me and crosses her arms.
"I... I didn't think you were going to wait until I came back out..." I tell her honestly. She rolls her eyes,
"I wasn't until I saw Lucinda come to your door!"
"Why?" I sneer, "are you jelly?!" Katelyn hesitates and then growls,
"NO!" I smile.
"Lucinda asked me to go on a picnic with her," I explain, "I am sure there will be some peanut butter and JELLY sandwiches in the picnic basket Lucinda will bring!" Katelyn punches me in the gut.
"If you are implying that I am going to tag along because I'm jealous, that's not going to happen," she grumbles. I hold my stomach in pain.
"That... Hurt..." I peep. Katelyn's eyes gleam with sympathy, but she only says,
"Good." She leaves me outside alone, and I sigh.
"Don't worry about Katelyn," a voice laughs from behind me, "she just doesn't know how to show affection." I turn around and see Nicole. She smiles, "I just came from her house and they told me about the romance you two had at the convention."
"It means nothing to her," I spat, "but it meant the world to me."
"Yeah, I know, Travis. You just can't let her closed-off heart make you miserable," Nicole comforts, "It's not worth it."
"Hmm, yeah..." I say, accepting her advice. She smiles and heads off toward her house down the street. I sigh and prepare myself for my date with Lucinda.

Remember to comment or vote if you like this fanfic so far! More coming soon! I accept suggestions too!
-soccerkitty7