Best Man

Katelyn's POV

"Is everything ready?" I hear Aphmau yell when she enters the dressing room.
"Uh, sorry to break it to you, Aph, but not even close," Lucinda answers as she braids my hair.
"The ceremony is in less than an hour!"
"Don't worry," Cadenza assures Aphmau. "we just have Katelyn's hair left to finish." I've been sitting in this same chair wearing my ginormous wedding dress for a long time as the girls do my makeup and hair. When Nicole and I bought it, it was all white at the top with a wide and broad feathered skirt that doesn't drag behind me, though it touches the floor. After Cadenza made alterations, it now has different shades of blue rhinestones on the torso in a beautiful zig-zag design and the back is now made of lace. The ruffles on the skirt are coated in sparkly and flashy multicolored sequins. Lucinda has already done my makeup, so now she is braiding my hair before she will tie it up into a bun with my veil. The bridesmaids are Lucinda, Nicole, Kawaii~Chan, and Cadenza; Aphmau is my maid of honor. I didn't want Lucinda to be my bridesmaid, but she was the only one who could do the hair and makeup I wanted. Plus, we're both making a combined effort to get along better. Aphmau, without me even asking, declared herself as my wedding planner and has been driving up a wall the entire afternoon. Huffing with exhaustion, Aphmau collapses in a chair next to Kawaii~Chan. Her face may be covered in makeup, but we can all see her tired eyes.
"Aph, just relax," I assure her. "If I'm calm, you should be calm." She sighs and shows me a weak smile,
"Okay. I'll stay calm."

Travis' POV

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BE CALM RIGHT NOW?!" I screech at Dante. "I CAN'T FIND MY SOCKS!"
"Travis," Dante facepalms, "you've got to stop panicking."
"Yeah, man, take a breather," Garroth puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. I'm shaking with nervousness, my heart already leapt out of its place; now it's running in circles.
"I-I'm sorry... I c-can't..." Too much joy is in my soul with fear linking arms. A headache has grown in my brain, which is slowly antagonizing me. Zane stands in front of me, just glowering. I expect him to scowl or to slap me across the cheek. But he doesn't. He kneels down on one knee, holding my socks, and puts one of them upon my foot.
"This has got to be crazy for you," he sighs, "I know it must. You're probably feeling super happy and super scared at the same time." Zane puts the other sock on my other foot. "But calm the Nether down, it's going to be okay. It's just a wedding. Not that big of a deal." I smile with amusement at Zane.
"Yeah, o-okay."
"Don't be as bad under pressure as Dante," Zane lowers his mask so only I can see the smug grin on his face. Everyone laughs except for Dante, who looks offended and yells,
"HEY!"
"So Travis," Zane stands up, "just saying, you haven't picked who your best man is yet." I gasp, suddenly aware that he's right and exclaim,
"Oh my Irene, I completely forgot!"
"I thought you said I was!" Dante complains. The fact that I seriously don't remember if or who I picked is the worst part of this entire situation. I guess my brain just happened to forget... whoops...
"No, he said I was!" Garroth bellows at Dante. "Why would he pick you?!"
"Why are you guys ignoring the fact that he picked me?" Laurence scoffs. I get it now. I never picked anyone, but they know I don't remember. A smile blossoms on my face.
"Guys, he didn't---"
"Zane," I interrupt Aaron from defending me. "Zane will be my best man." The room fills with silence as all of their eyes fall on me.
"Why Zane?" Laurence wrinkles his nose with disapproval.
"He helped me when I needed to be calmed," I explain shortly and stand up from my chair. Zane beams from under his mask and looks at me with utter shock.
"Travis..."
"C'mon, guys!" I change the subject quickly. "It's almost time for me to be wed!"

I hope you guys all enjoyed this chapter! I apologize for having it come out a bit late; I was going to publish it a few days ago, but I got really busy because it was my birthday, but I'll try to get back on schedule! A new chapter will be out soon!
Nya,
Soccerkitty7