I Do

Katelyn's POV

Open. My eyes flash open and I'm staring up at a plaster ceiling.
"She opened her eyes," I hear a voice say and I look to see that I'm being held in Laurence's arms bridal-style. He looks down at me, his eyes full of fear. I've never seen such a scared look in his eyes and it makes me gasp as if it's taking me back to the memory of Travis getting crushed before my eyes. I want to scream again as it comes into my head.
"Katelyn, we're in the hospital right now... everything is going to be okay, are you in pain?!" Aphmau looks down at me. I blink a few times, a bit confused.
"Guys, Travis got hit by the car, not me," I growl. Aphmau and Laurence look at each other before looking back at me.
"But when Travis shoved you, didn't you get hurt?!"
"Are you kidding?!" I yell replying to Aphmau, "WHO EVEN CARES?! I DIDN'T GET HIT BY THE CAR!" My memory floods again. Travis shoving me. My heart stopping. Impact so hard I could hear the snap of his bones. Tears fill my eyes and I scream, "LAURENCE, WHERE IS HE?! PUT ME DOWN!"
"KATELYN, STOP!" Laurence shouts back and holds me tighter. I scream again when the car smashing into Travis continuously plays in my brain. I jerk back and fourth to escape Laurence and eventually, I fall to the ground.
"Katelyn please..." Aphmau starts crying, "calm down..." I just breathe heavily, keeping close to the ground. Realizing I'm acting insane, I say nothing and let the memories flow by and hopefully out of me for the time being. I hear fast footsteps come closer and closer, so I look up and see Dante, breathing heavier than I am. I remember now. He saw it all too.
"I found something, guys..." he breathes. A hand extends in front of me and I take it, getting off of the ground and staring into Dante's traumatized eyes. He holds something out in his hand and I take it, confused.
"What is it?" Laurence asks.
"I went into Travis's room to get some of his valuable belongings, knowing he might be here for a while depending on how his tests go. I found this, thinking Katelyn would like to see it," Dante explains. I feel my eyes widen, knowing now why Dante would want me to see it.
"When did he get this?" I murmur, moving it around in my hand.
"I don't know," Dante replies honestly, "but I know it's for you." Laurence looks over my shoulder and smirks when he sees it.
"Is that what I think it is...?" He asks. I squeeze it inside of my palm, trying not to cry again. But I open my fist again just to look at the ring. I put it on my left ring-finger and don't look at it.
"I do."

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Thank you so much for reading! A new chapter will be out soon!
Nya,
Soccerkitty7