Chapter 50 - Can't Move Without My Secrets!

Colin went into his office and packed up most of what he didn't need. All the important things he needed, fit into a leather bag. He taped and marked the boxes with his name and brief few words of what was in them. He set the pile out by the front door which exhausted him.

Back in the kitchen, he snacked on some of the sweet filled pastries in the glass domes with a cup of coffee and a glass of milk. The refrigerator was stocked as if he were going to be alone for a month. He tried to eat but had to run to the bathroom to throw it back up. Colin walked up the stairs to his second floor with whispers of his name in seductive tones which encouraged his weakness but helped him along. He bit his lip to distract and confirm those feelings were acknowledged but continued to his bedroom. On the mini table next to his bed by the window sat a fresh tray of plates with healthier snacks and drinks. He had a clear view of the giant flat screen television that was mounted and set deep into the wall across the room from his bed so the light from the windows didn't reflect on the screen. It gave Colin the perfect viewing pleasure any time of the day or night no matter if his curtains were open or not. This was his heaven, Colin thought.

The comedy channel comforted his soul while he nibbled from his snack tray as he packed his bedroom up. It was great to laugh, but he had to stop to lie down to rest at least every twenty-minute intervals. Colin pushed the packed taped and marked boxes out into the hallway. When he turned around he could have sworn he saw someone walk into his room. Always afraid it was Tessa, he followed with his hands up to guard his face.

He caught a wisp of a natural fragrance that once belonged to his Dana.

"Oh, my sweet Dana, what are you up to?" Colin asked lovingly into the air drowning out the newest comedian he had been paying attention to.

Colin walked to the side of his bed in his mostly empty room and with the key he had on his set, unlocked his bottom drawer. Inside were pictures, locks of hair, with vials of blood, DNA records, and little mementos he had kept over the years. He found the picture he had of him and Dana with their arms wrapped around each other wearing thick snowsuits while each held up a warm drink to toast the camera. His sweet Dana was so beautiful. She was the true love of his life. Not the wicked scarlet that he couldn't let go of. It would be one thing to say fear made him destroy a life, but he knew deep down it was his wicked Tessa that punished everyone for her existence.

Colin had graduated high school early to help run his father's resorts and hotels. He was twenty-four when he impregnated the nineteen-year-old Dana.

Originally his family was from Switzerland where his father had taken him and his mother to the United States for stronger success. Colin's mother was Cuban and required warmer weather. Colin's father had already made a name for himself nationwide as a professional skier. It was time he expanded his family business in the United States and started his first resort in Colorado.

Naturally growing up in snow Colin learned he was a talented snowboarder. He competed and glamorized the sport to bring out more competition. His parents brought in money with the competitions at their resorts and held many events throughout the year as there was always snow on their high mountains.

Colin went to college to learn languages and business to draw in and service people at his resorts from other countries especially the rich because his father had come from old family money and everything they owned were investments. At a young age, Colin had learned to run his parent's business and bring in fresh new ideas that his old school family learned to accept and implement. He was a flirt with the Snow Bunnies and ignored his father's reprimanding not to get careless.

"Build a fortune then the girls came after." Colin's father would always say. Truly there was one Snow Bunny that he had fallen in love with under his parent's nose, Dana. They kept it quiet because Dana worked for Colin's parents moving from being a Snow Bunny to taking the lead position of the concierge. Colin and Dana were together for several years, especially once Colin was finished with college. However, because of the intensity with which Colin's father put him to work, he didn't have time for a serious relationship, so they spent every minute they could alone together.