XXIV

I'm sat in the middle of the sofa, wearing one of Lauren's hoodies that I must have stolen a few days ago. I'm staring at the front door while holding Mia's ultrasound image, listening to Ally moving around her room while she gets ready for work. I hear my phone go off and then slide it out of my pocket, unlocking it and then opening the message.

Lauren: Where are you? Why aren't you in school?

I groan, throwing my phone back on to the sofa next to me. Ally walks into the living room and just stares at me.

"Yes?"

"Why aren't you in school?" She asks, pulling her coat on while looking for her keys.

"I don't want to go in." I mumble, glancing up at her and then looking back down at the picture in my hands. I trace the outline of the faded image while letting out a sigh as Ally walks round to sofa and stands in front of me.

"Tough, you're going in now go and get ready. I'm taking you."

"Ally do you even know what today is?" I ask, looking up at her and watching her stare at me in confusion. That is until she notices what I have in my hands, she realises what I'm talking about and comes to sit next to me.

"Camila it was two years ago, you need to stop doing this to yourself."

"It still hurts though; she'd be here if he didn't kill her. She'd be in my arms and I can't just forget that!" I scream at her, she grabs my wrist and stares into my eyes.

"Calm down, go and get dressed. I'll ring the school and let them know you're coming in, I'll get them to let you stay with Lauren."

"I-I don't want to stay with Lauren." I mutter, pulling my wrist out of Ally's grip and then pushing the blanket off me. "Not when I'm like this, I'll just stay with Shawn and Dinah." I say, standing up and then making my way down the hallway and into my bedroom.

I shut the door behind me, grabbing my jeans off the ground and then pulling them on. I fasten the button and pull the zip up, while pulling the closet doors open and grabbing a black t-shirt. I pull Lauren's hoodie over my head, throwing it on to my bed and then putting the t-shirt on. I place my hand on my blue flannel shirt, pulling it out of the closet, and then sliding it on.

"Camila come on."

"Yea give me a minute!" I yell back to Ally, picking up my Denim jacket and sliding it on while I grab my black beanie off the table next to my bed. I pull it on to my head, running my fingers through my hair. I quickly apply some eyeliner and mascara before grabbing my bag off the ground, sliding a pair of boots on and then leaving my room.

"Finally."

"Shut up, are you making me go in or not?" I ask, picking up my cigarettes and lighter off the coffee table and stuffing them into my bag. I then pick my phone up off the sofa, sliding it into my pocket and then looking up at Ally as she walks out of the kitchen.

"Yes I am, now get into my car."

I grab Ally's keys off the hook next to the door and then leave the apartment slamming the door behind me and then making my way down the stairs. When I get to the doors of the apartment block Ally is walking up behind me. up behind me. We walk outside and towards Ally's car; I unlock it and climb into the passenger side as Ally gets in the driver's side. I pass her keys to her and she starts the engine, pulling out of the parking space and on to the road. I slide my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it and then opening my messages to text Lauren back.

To: Lauren
Camila: I'm coming in now...

The drive to school is silent, well apart from the radio and Ally screaming at cars that keep trying to cut her up. I just stare out of the window, messing with the sleeves of my jacket as we get closer to school.