Little By Little

Asuna's P.O.V.I woke up in the middle of the night due to being extremely uncomfortable. I was only three months pregnant and now we knew what we were expecting, but most importantly, I'd grown a bunch. They hadn't moved yet, and I was still able to fit in most of my regular clothes, but you could definitely tell that I was pregnant.

I tossed and turned, trying to get comfortable. I must have woken Kazuto up in the process because he pulled me against him and put a hand on my belly, rubbing small circles with his thumb. That was more like it. I drifted back to sleep in Kazuto's arms.

~~~

My alarm went off at 7:00 and I groggily opened my eyes. I hadn't been sleeping quite as well lately, due to my inability to sleep on my stomach, and sleeping on my back seemed to push my unborn children into my back really uncomfortably. I tapped my alarm to get it to shut up and then looked around the room. I was in the same position that I'd fallen asleep in last night, for the second time.

Kazuto sat up behind me and stretched. He'd taken to sleeping without a shirt on since I wasn't very comfortable unless I slept in his arms and he got pretty warm pretty fast. I rolled over to look at him and smile. He smiled back tiredly. He hadn't slept very well either. I kind of felt bad, but at the same time, I knew that it wasn't my fault, really.

I sat up and stretched my arms up, feeling my back pop a couple of times in different places. I put my arms down, then leaned on Kazuto, who was still sitting next to me. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes again. I got a couple of seconds of sleep before Kazuto threw his covers off and I sat up again. We both got up and had to get ready for the day.

Kazuto had gotten a well-paying job with my dad. My dad basically made a position under his own, specifically for Kazuto. He was getting paid almost as much as my dad did, which was a lot. I had to work today since it was Tuesday. I was trying to enjoy my last few months before I had to leave.

Kazuto and I had finished the nursery, but it might not have done much good since we were about to move. Kazuto had gotten the house we'd looked at when I got pregnant. I was really excited, but I didn't really like having to move during the middle of my pregnancy.

I stopped thinking about the future and started thinking about what I was going to wear. I looked through my closet for something comfortable and cute, not to mention something that would fit. I rummaged through until I found a green tank top that was silky and loose. I paired it with some white pants and then changed into the outfit.

I took a look in the mirror at my hair, which wasn't atrocious, but I would never go out like that. I picked up my brush and started brushing through my hair, which had grown a little faster and was now half way down my thighs. It took me a little longer to brush through it now that it was so long and I didn't have my full range of motion.

"Ok, what do you want for breakfast?", Kazuto asked.

"Um, how about omelets?", I suggested.

This wasn't really debatable, so I didn't know why I was just suggesting it. I was having omelets.

"Alright.", Kazuto said.

I smiled as I finished brushing my hair, then put it up in a ponytail. I stopped having the patience to actually fix it a while back. I considered putting it in a messy bun but decided against it because I didn't want to have to brush it out again later.

Kazuto left the room and walked down the hall. He was in his work clothes, which was a black dress shirt and a white tie, with slacks and nice shoes. He wasn't wearing his shoes, but he still looked really nice, as always. Today was his first day of work with my dad, so I could tell he was itching to make a good first impression as a worker. He'd even laid out his blazer.