Innocent Eyes

Asuna's p.o.v. 
I woke up at 3:00 in the morning to the sounds of high pitched wails on the baby monitor. As I sat up in bed, I noticed Kazuto was still asleep, snoring softly. I rolled my eyes and got up, walking quietly down the hall to the nursery. My fingers closed around the gold colored doorknob and I pushed the door open softly. I was surprised to find that it was only Miles who cried loudly from the crib.  

I tiptoed over and scooped him up. He immediately calmed down a little, though he didn't stop crying. I took him out of the room and walked into the kitchen to get a pre-made bottle from the fridge. I returned to the nursery with the bottle and the crying baby in my arms. I sat down in the rocking chair and began feeding my tired and hungry baby. He immediately fell quiet and began to drink the contents of the bottle while I rocked him. 

Half way through the bottle, Miles fell back asleep. I gingerly put him back in his crib and began to creep out of the room. Just as I got to the door, Miles started fussing and crying. I sighed and walked back over to his crib, scooping him up. He immediately got quiet. 

He looked up at me with his brown eyes that mirrored my own. His little arms swung around in the air and he cooed softly and sweetly. 

"You just want me to hold you, you little stinker. Come on. I guess you'll just have to go to bed with me.", I sighed.

Miles gave an almost enthusiastic squeal and a little smile. I chuckled softly and booped his tiny nose. I took off down the hall with the bottle and the baby, shutting the door behind me. I re-entered my bedroom to see Kazuto sleeping with his back to the opposite wall so that he was facing me.

As I sat down on the bed and set Miles down, Kazuto stirred and opened his eyes to find Miles laying in front of him and babbling quietly. I laid down next to him and positioned Miles so that he was between Kazuto and I. I put a hand on Miles' small chest and closed my eyes to go to sleep. Kazuto put a hand over mine and I opened my eyes to see him smile at me. I smiled back and leaned over to give him a quick peck on the lips before getting comfortable and going back to sleep. 

~~~

I woke up a few hours later to the sunlight pouring in through the uncovered window in my bedroom. Kazuto was still asleep, as was Miles. I could hear a little voice from down the hall, which only could have been Finley. I sat up and looked at the clock on my bedside table. It was 9:00 in the morning. I yawned and stretched as I got up out of the bed. When I straightened back up, I slid my feet into my slippers, which sat at the foot of our bed and then took off down the hall to get Finley.  

I walked into the nursery to see my other little baby was awake and alert. She smiled and squealed when she saw me. Her smile was so contagious I couldn't help but smile back down at her. I reached into the crib and picked her up, cradling her in my arms and walking out of the room. Her small hand rested on my shirt collar as she looked up at me and cooed softly.

I made my way into the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing a yogurt cup and the strawberries.  I set my ingredients on the counter and got out the milk, the sugar, a cup of ice, and a banana. I put the strawberries, banana, milk, and ice in the blender, then put the lid on and blended them together to make a smoothie. When I finished blending everything together, I opened the blender and added a couple spoonfuls of sugar and then put the lid back on and mixed it again. 

Finley didn't seem to mind the sound of the blender or the fact that I had to set her down on the counter while I got down the sugar and put the milk away. She did look a little hungry, though. I grabbed a big cup from the cupboard and set it on the counter, pouring the contents of the blender into it. I picked Finley back up and took my smoothie with me to the living room.