Our Day Off

Kazuto's p.o.v.

I woke up the next morning with Asuna in my arms like she always was. She was awake and looking around. She looked like she was staring off into space and she was humming quietly under her breath. I scooted closer to her and leaned on my elbow so that my face was above hers. She snapped out of her daze and looked at me, then smiled. I smiled back, then kissed her cheek. She turned to lay on her back, then put her hand on the back of my head and pulled me down for a real kiss.

I broke off, then rested my forehead on hers. She smiled with her eyes closed. I got off my elbows and laid back down beside her. She stretched and turned over to face me again. She hugged me and cuddled up against my chest.

"Are you ready to start unpacking?", I asked.

She laughed.

"How about we just take a day off?", she suggested.

"Well I have to work tomorrow, so I might as well enjoy my time off while I've got it. What do you want to do?", I said.

"I don't know about later, but I think I could do with a little bit of cuddle time.", Asuna said.

I laughed and hugged her closer.

"You got it.", I said.

Asuna laughed, then got quiet and still. I would have thought she was asleep had her breathing not been too irregular.

"I have to admit that when you said 'cuddle time', this is not what I had in mind.", I laughed.

"I know. It isn't what I had in mind, either. I was just I just wanted to hug you for a minute.", she said.

I smiled, as she let go of me and then sat up on her knees. I smirked and scooted back so that I was leaning on the headboard. Asuna crawled up on top of me until she was inches from my face. I put my arms on her shoulders and kissed her, pulling her closer and slipping my finger into the collar of her nightgown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~And then a time lapse happens~~~~~~~~~~~(I have delayed writing that kind of thing from Kazuto's point of view for a long time.)

It was almost lunch time when we got up. I put on some regular shorts and a t-shirt, then walked into the kitchen to make lunch. Last night, we unpacked the fridge and put everything in the pantry, then gotten the kitchen at least partly put together. We decided it would be nice to be able to use the kitchen when we wanted to eat.

I got out the sandwich meat and some bread, then made ham sandwiches. They didn't hold a candle to Asuna's sandwiches, but it was better than microwave ramen. I put the sandwiches on a plate, then took them to the bedroom where Asuna had gotten dressed in a pink tank top and some gray shorts reading a book on the bed. I handed her the plate, then went around to my side and got into the bed beside her.

"Thanks.", she said.

"Your welcome.", I said, reaching for a book of my own.

I had been reading the Percy Jackson series. I was still only in the first book, but it was pretty good so far. I was almost done with it. I flipped to the page containing my bookmark, then continued reading.

Asuna and I read for a couple of hours until we no longer felt like it. We'd started reading a lot more than we used to. Now that Asuna was less active, she seemed to have more time for it and would pick up a book every time she got the chance. Sometimes, we would go out to the porch and sit in the rocking chair to read. We both fit comfortably in it and could easily share a book.

Asuna set her book down and stretched. She took her plate and my plate, then took them to the kitchen and came back a moment later. She got in the bed and sighed.