Just Hanging Out

Asuna's p.o.v.

I woke up to a loud alarm clock at 6:00 in the morning. Kazuto sat up in bed next to me and flicked on the lamp on his nightstand, dimly illuminating one-half of the room. I rubbed my eyes and turned onto my other side to look at Kazuto.

"Morning.", I said.

"Good morning.", Kazuto replied.

I sat up in bed and stretched, almost hitting the headboard with my hand. Kazuto was already out of bed and putting on his house shoes. I stood up and did the same, then we both walked down the hallway and into the kitchen. 

As I was walking past the counter, I stubbed my toe on the edge of a cabinet, causing me to exclaim in pain, then almost double over. Kazuto hadn't seen it all happen, all he knew was that I was hunched over and in extreme discomfort. He was beside me in a flash and had picked me up. He rushed me to the couch and set me down, then scrambled for the phone.

"What's wrong?", He asked frantically.

"No, I'm fine.", I said. 

"You're not fine, you're in pain. Where does it hurt?", he asked, the tension in his voice raising.

"I just stubbed my toe. Calm down.", I said, bringing my foot up onto the couch and rubbing my hurt pinky toe.

Kazuto's face fell from stressed and worried to relieved and embarrassed. I laughed, then put my arms around his neck, bringing him into a hug. 

"I'm sorry I scared you. I'll have to be more careful about that. Although, if I had been hurt, I'm glad I have you here to take care of me.", I said.

"Sorry about making such a fuss. I know you don't like me to hover over you that much, and I'm trying to get better about letting you do your own thing, but I guess I'm just nervous. I don't want anything to happen to you or the babies.", Kazuto said.

"I understand that. I should have been more careful and at least told you what happened sooner. Trust me, if I'm ever having problems, I'll make sure you know.", I assured him.

Kazuto kissed my cheek, then I let go of him and we stood up. We walked back into the kitchen and started on breakfast. I got out some cereal and the spoons while Kazuto got the bowls and juice. I set the stuff on the table, then sat down in my seat. Kazuto sat down beside me with the bowls and the juice, then we realized we were missing glasses. I laughed and got up to go get them. I opened the cupboard and brought out two plastic superhero cups. We'd gotten these with a movie pack we'd bought at a grocery store. Personally, I loved these cups. I had Iron Man and Kazuto had The Hulk. 

I set the cups down on the table, then sat down again. Kazuto poured the juice and I poured the cereal. I liked the way we worked together just to pour our breakfast in a bowl. Kazuto put the juice down and then picked u a spoon and took a bite of his cereal. I took a sip of juice, then started eating my own cereal. It was honey nut cheerios and this was my favorite cereal. I ate it in big spoonfuls until there wasn't a single cheerio left.

Kazuto finished slower than me, but I was still drinking my juice when he finished. Kazuto took our bowls and loaded them in our new dishwasher. The new one was bigger and had three racks with water that sprayed from the sides as well as the top and bottom. It made me so happy to see our dishes so clean in such large quantities. It made question the purpose of the kitchen sink. 

"I've got a meeting for lunch today, so you won't be able to come visit me. In fact, that's all I have today, are meetings.", Kazuto said, putting his head in his hands, then giving me a bored look.

"Aww, but I'll be all lonely.", I pouted.

"I'll call you whenever I get the chance and talk to you as long as I can.", he said, turning my face towards him with his forefinger and thumb. 

All I Need Book 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara