A Real Scare

Asuna's p.o.v.

I woke up the morning of the appointment with Kazuto's arms around me, as per usual. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I'd had a late night last night, so I knew that I was going to need a major nap at some point today. 

Kazuto sat up next to me and looked around. I smiled at him sleepily, then rested my head on his shoulder. He smiled and kissed the top of my head. 

"I still want to sleep.", I said.

"But I have to go to work and you have to go with Liz.", Kazuto said.

"I know.", I said.

"Well, let's get up and start moving. That should get our energy up.", Kazuto said.

I groaned, but sat up and got out of bed. I walked over to the dresser and got out the most basic clothes I could find that I could still go out in public in. I decided on a purple tank top and a shrug with some white capris pants. I changed into them and brushed my hair out. Kazuto put on his suit and tie, then walked out of the bedroom. Once I finished my hair, I followed him out. 

He'd already gotten the cereal out and was pouring himself a bowl. I sat down next to him and poured myself a bowl. I ate my cereal in a daze and didn't realize that I'd finished when I did. 

"Earth to Asuna", Kazuto said.

I snapped out of my daze, then looked over at him. He was smiling at me. 

"I'm going to go finish getting ready.", he said.

"Ok. I'll clean up here.", I said.

kazuto nodded and got up, walking down the hallway and disappearing from sight. I got up and took the bowls to the dishwasher, then loaded them in. I put the cereal away, then walked back into the bedroom. Kazuto was brushing his hair. He finished, then put the brush down. I walked over to fix his tie. I fixed it into a windsor knot, then he kissed me. I smiled and kissed him back.

"I've gotta go, but I'll be back after lunch for the appointment.", he said.

"Ok. Have a good day and be safe.", I said.

"You too. I love you.", he said. 

"I love you, too.", I replied.

Kazuto kissed my forehead, then hugged me before he walked out. I sat back down on the bed. I didn't have to meet Liz for another 4 hours. It was 7:00 right now, so I had time to sleep in. I laid back down on the bed and drifted back off to sleep

~~

When I woke up, it was 10:00. I looked at my phone to see that I'd gotten a text from Liz. She was just making sure that she hadn't gotten the time wrong. I texted her back, letting her know that she was correct and that I'd see her in an hour. 

I stood up and walked over to the mirror. My hair needed to be brushed down on the left side, so I quickly did that, then I put on my makeup. It only took me about 30 minutes to get ready, including shoes and brushing my teeth. I turned off the lights in the house, then left. 

I was meeting Liz at a Panera downtown. When I pulled into the parking lot, I still had 15 minutes before either of us were supposed to be there. I decided to go ahead and get us a table. I walked in and asked for a table for 2, then waited for the waitress to get it ready. While I was waiting, Liz walked in.

"Hey, Asuna. Sorry if I'm late.", she said.

"Nope. I just decided to come early.", I said.

"Ok, so I am on time. I didn't want to keep you waiting. How long have you been here?", she asked.