Packing Party

Asuna's p.o.v.

I pulled into the parking lot after a long day at work. It was the day that Mrs. Matsuda moved out and I was swamped in paperwork for her release. I had to manually write copies for everything since the copier was busted and they couldn't get it fixed until next week. My right hand was aching and my back hurt from sitting up so straight the whole day. We'd had a ton of visitors come in today. It was one of the patient's birthdays and they were throwing her a party.

I climbed the stairs and unlocked the door, then walked inside. I could smell food coming from the kitchen. I walked in to find Kazuto making food in a pot. He smiled at me as I walked in and sat down at the table, then put the lid on the pot and walked over to me.

"So how was work?", He asked, putting his hands on my shoulders and massaging them.

"Busy. A patient turned 90 and they had a big party for her. On top of that, the copier broke and they can't get it fixed until next week. I had to copy a bunch of stuff by hand. I think my wrist is numb.", I said.

"I'm sorry. They only have three I.T. guys for the whole city now that I'm gone.", he said.

"No, it isn't your fault. One of the nurses didn't know how to change the ink cartridge and she ended up pulling out something that wasn't the ink cartridge.", I joked.

"Ouch. That's not good. I've got curry udon on the stove. It'll be ready in a minute or so, it just has to cook a minute more. I've also got a movie for us to watch and relax.", he said.

"That sounds amazing.", I said.

"I thought you'd say that.", Kazuto chuckled.

He stopped massaging my shoulders and leaned down to hug me from behind. I smiled and laid my head on his, then closed my eyes. We stayed like that until we could hear the pot behind us start to boil over. Kazuto let go of me, then took the pot off the burner. He got out some bowls and served the curry udon, which smelled great.

I took a bite of the noodles and slurped one of them up. I knew it was kind of childish, but I didn't care. I slurped up the noodles until I just had broth and veggies left. I used my spoon to...eat?...the broth. (I don't know, do you count that as drinking it?)

"Did you come home and change before work?", Kazuto asked, looking at my shirt.

"No, I had something on it when I got to my mom's house and she happened to have a spare change of clothes that she gave me. She and I are all good, now.", I said smiling.

"Oh, cool. You know your dad set it up that way, right? I overheard him talking about it over the phone, which happened to be connected to mine.", Kazuto said.

"I figured he did, but I didn't mind. It's not like he did anything bad or wrong, just something sweet. I'm glad he did it.", I said.

"That's good. I saw Liz on the way home. I stopped at the store to get some ingredients and she was there with Klein. They seemed kind of embarrassed when I saw them, though.", Kazuto laughed.

"You know they're going out, right? They don't want us to know, but they aren't making it very discreet.", I said.

"Yeah, actually Klein told me. He didn't mean to, he just kind of let it slip over the phone.", Kazuto said.

"I bet Liz almost killed him when she found out.", I said, thinking back to when Liz got all hot and bothered at me even suggesting such a thing.

"She doesn't know. He's afraid of dying.", Kazuto laughed.

I almost choked on my curry laughing.

"Oh, he's in so much trouble if she ever finds out. Not only did he tell you, he didn't tell her? Oh man. We might have to hold her back.", I joked.