Perfect Two

Kazuto's P.O.V.

The light shining through the window woke me up slowly. I looked around the room and let my eyes focus on Asuna, who was laying next to me in the bed. I smiled and kissed her nose to wake her up. She opened her eyes and smiled at me. 

"Good morning, beautiful.", I said, putting an arm around her waist and pressing my forehead to hers. 

"Good morning.", she smiled.

I kissed her, then sat up and stretched. Asuna pulled herself into a sitting position and sighed. I hopped up out of bed and picked up my phone from the nightstand. It had a text from Mom.

Mom: Thanks for coming last night. It was good to see you and Asuna again.

I smiled and replied.

Me: No problem. Our pleasure. Tell Dad I said 'hi'.

Mom: Sure thing.

I put the phone back down on the nightstand and looked back at Asuna. She looked kind of pale.

"Are you alright?", I asked.

"Yeah, I just feel a little sick, that's all. I think I'm gonna wait a little while before eating breakfast.", she said.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and pressed my hand to her forehead. She didn't have a fever, so it was probably just morning sickness. I would have to keep an eye on her until she felt better. Not like I didn't keep an eye on her, anyway. 

"If you're sure.", I said, getting back into bed next to her. 

I put an arm around her shoulder and let her rest her head on my shoulder. She didn't seem like herself as much this morning. I didn't quite know what it was, she just seemed off. I was mentally preparing for the worst. I just had that feeling, like something was gonna happen. 

"Stop moving.", Asuna groaned.

"I'm not moving.", I said, looking at her.

"Not you. The twins. They won't be still.", Asuna said laughing a little.

I smiled slightly and pressed a hand to Asuna's belly. It was like a little flutter that I could feel. Asuna put her hand over mine and rested it there. We sat in silence for a little while. Asuna's skin had started feeling a little clammy. Worry was starting to nag on my thoughts. 

"I'm gonna get up. You wanna stay in bed?", I asked.

"No, I'll get up. I don't feel like sitting down all day.", she said.

I nodded and let go of her, climbing back down on the bed. I walked over to the closet and got out a pair of jeans and a dark blue shirt. Asuna got up and walked over to her dresser. She got out a long pink skirt and a gray shirt. We changed our clothes, then went into the living room. I sat on the couch, but Asuna stayed standing.

"Are you sure you're ok?", I asked.

"Yeah, I just don't feel like sitting. I actually want to walk.", she said, starting to pace. Well, sort of pacing. She kind of just waddled around the living room.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through the contacts until I found Dr. Sato's number. I got up and walked out of the room, clicking the call button and pressing the phone to my ear. The doctor picked up on the third ring.

"Hello? Mr. Kirigaya?", he said.

"Yeah, hi. I'm just calling because I've got some concerns about my wife.", I said.

"What kind of concerns?", he asked.

"Well, she says she doesn't feel well, but she's not acting like she feels bad. She's pacing around the living room and she seems anxious.", I said.