Milestones

In this one, the twins are about 10 months old, so they are still babies, but they're about to start toddling.

~~~~~~

Kazuto's P.O.V.

It was Saturday, my day off, so I was at home with Asuna watching the twins. They had started crawling a while back, so they were much more mobile and would often be found in different rooms than where we left them. I was sitting on the couch with Finley, who was asleep on my chest. Asuna sat beside me, asleep on my shoulder with Miles sleeping on her. I smiled and took out my phone to take a picture. 

I held the cameraphone and arm's length and snapped the photo. I looked at it, then smiled. I decided to post it on FaceBook. After I'd done that, I put my phone back down and laid my head on top of Asuna's. It was 2:00 in the afternoon and we had been sitting on the couch watching cartoons when Asuna fell asleep. I reached for the remote to turn off the T.V. so that I could think. 

Before I knew it, I had started to drift off to sleep. Instead of fighting it, I let myself fall asleep.

In my dream, I was sitting on the front porch in the rocking chair and watching my children play with Asuna in the yard. They were both older, about three or four. I watched as Finley sat on the ground picking little flowers that had sprung up from the rain that had fallen recently. Miles was holding Asuna's hand and running around the yard with her in tow. I laughed and got up to join Finley. 

As I approached her, she looked up and smiled at me. Her long black hair was pulled back into a little ponytail and she was holding a fist full of little orange and yellow flowers. I knelt down beside her and smiled back at her. 

"Whatcha doing?", I asked her.

"I'm picking flowers for Mommy. Aren't they pretty?", she said. Her voice was as pretty as a bell.

"They're beautiful. Mind if I help?", I asked.

"Sure!", she said. 

I sat down and picked a couple of long strand of grass, then started weaving them together. I wove flowers into them and then tied the ends together. I looked back at Finley, who was now putting the flowers in her little white dress. I put the little circlet on her head and smiled. She looked up at me and put her hand to the crown to see what it was, then she giggled. 

I stood up and bowed low to her, placing a hand over my heart and the other behind my back.

"Princess Finley, it is an honor to make your acquaintance. Will you do me the honor of dancing with me?", I asked.

She giggled uncontrollably and jumped up, throwing her arms around my neck and hugging me. I smiled and picked her up, spinning her in circles. She laughed the whole time and when we stopped, I looked over to find that Asuna had her phone out and was filming the whole thing. I laughed and walked over to her with Finley still in my arms.

She stopped recording and put her phone back into her pocket. I put my free arm around her waist and pulled her in close, kissing her passionately. She put a hand on the back of my neck and the other on Finley's back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT THAT IS NOT THE CUTEST THING YOU'VE EVER READ! I almost couldn't write it because I was fangirling at it so much. I was so gushy and giggly for about half an hour. I know this is a super short chapter, but I just wanted to do a short little one shot type thing that would tie into the story. So, enjoy and comment what you thought about it. If you think it worthy, give it a vote, and most importantly, have a nice day and know that I love you, even if you don't feel like many people do at the moment! You are my sunshine and I would die if any of you ever felt lonely. I may not know you personally, but I love you, anyways!

-Scarlet