Precious Few Moments

I urge you all to remember throughout this chapter that I have published that feature chapter about Finley and Miles in the future. That actually does happen, so please keep in mind that I am not going to kill off either one of them. Don't panic. Remain calm.

Asuna's P.O.V.

 My vision blurred with tears as I watched as my baby was rushed into the E.R. on a cot. His screams echoed off the tile floors and filled my ears. Dread filled my mind as I stood there helplessly. There was nothing I could do but pray that Miles made it. 

Kazuto stood next to me with Finley in his arms. She watched innocently as her twin was put in emergency care. The reassuring embrace of my husband did little to comfort me as I watched my poor child suffer, not knowing whether I would ever get to hold him in my arms again.

My legs gave way underneath e and I sank to the cold tile floors, shaking and sobbing. Kazuto sat down beside me. He didn't try to move me or console me, just handed me Finley and hugged the both of us. In those precious few moments that I knew Miles was alive, I prayed harder than I ever had in my life.

~~~~~~Time skip to the next day~~~~~

I hadn't slept a wink in the whole ten hours I'd been in that waiting room. It was 4:00 in the morning and I still hadn't heard any news about my son. All I had was the reassuring absence of a mortified looking doctor and my husband sitting next to me with my daughter in his lap. I had long since stopped crying. I had just run out of tears to let fall. 

I listened to Kazuto's soft and steady breathing, with the occasional murmur from Finley as she tossed in her sleep. It was the only thing tethering me to reality as I sat in the waiting room with no news. 

It was almost 5:30 when the doctor finally came from the ICU wing, looking exhausted, but relieved. I stood up and rushed over to greet him. He had a clipboard in his hands and I dreaded it had a time and date of death on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super short, I know. DON'T FREAK OUT!! I am posting another chapter as soon as I can and I am looking at having it finished tonight. 

By the way. How's that for a plot twist? Let me know in the comments because I truly do cherish it when you guys comment. See ya in a bit when I update.

-Scarlet