Curing the Loneliness

Asuna's p.o.v.

I woke up in Kazuto's lap, in the same position as we'd fallen asleep in last night.  He was leaning against the headboard and looked like he would have a crick in his neck when he woke up. I moved to wake him up. He lifted his head slowly and painfully. Yup, he definitely had a crick in his neck. He rolled his neck around and popped it. I cringed at the sound of it. 

"Are you ok?", I asked. 

"Yeah, I just put my neck in a weird position last night. I'll be fine in a little while.", He said.

"Sorry.", I said. If I hadn't fallen asleep on him, he would have been able to sleep normally.

"It's not your fault. Were you comfortable last night?", he asked smiling.

"Yes, but mostly because I had your arms around me the whole night.", I said, kissing his cheek.

"Well I'm glad I'm good for something.", Kazuto said laughing.

"Oh, you're good for lots of things. Don't talk like that.", I said, hugging him.

Kazuto laughed and hugged me back. We stayed that way for a moment, then I let go and got off of him. He looked at me sadly for a moment. I could tell that he thought I was uncomfortable. 

"I'm going to go to the bathroom.", I said, getting off the bed and walking towards our bathroom. 

I took a change of clothes with me so that I could shower, then shut the door, but didn't lock it. I used the restroom, then got into the shower. It wasn't long before Kazuto joined me in the shower. My plan had worked. I knew he would have to get one before work and that if I got in now, he would have no other choice. I didn't know what was wrong with me that I was manipulating his schedule to my own benefit, but at this point, I didn't care. 

After our shower, (during which things definitely occurred), we got out and got dressed. It was Wednesday, so Kazuto had work, but I didn't. I changed into some pajama bottoms and a t-shirt then pulled my hair up in a slightly damp ponytail. Kazuto put on his slacks and his button up shirt, hanging his tie around his neck and brushing his hair. While he got ready, I went into the kitchen to make breakfast. 

I pulled out the eggs and ham, then made scrambled eggs with ham mixed into it. I salted and peppered it, then served it right as Kazuto walked in. He sat down and started eating. I got some juice for him, then got myself some water. I just didn't really want juice or the weird feeling it gave my teeth afterward. I ate my breakfast quickly, knowing that Kazuto was running a couple minutes late since we woke up a little late. 

Kazuto finished his food, then went to go brush his teeth. I cleaned up from breakfast and loaded the dishwasher the rest of the way. I put in some soap, then turned it on and walked into the bedroom to brush my own teeth. Kazuto was still hunting his blazer, which was hanging in the entryway on a hook. I brushed my teeth, then walked up to him going through the closet. 

He turned to me.

"Have you seen my jacket?", he asked.

"Yeah, it's in the entryway.", I said.

He relaxed and let me do his tie, then gave me a kiss. I followed him into the living room and sat down on the couch. Kazuto slung his bag over his shoulder, then walked over to me and kissed me one last time. He then bent down and kissed my baby belly then hugged me.

"I'll be back later. I love you.", Kazuto said.

"I'll be here. I love you, too.", I said.

Kazuto bent down to my belly again.