While the Cat's Away, the Mice Will...Unpack.

Asuna's p.o.v.

I woke up in the bedroom alone. It was already 8:00 and Kazuto had gone to work. I woke up briefly when he left, long enough to kiss him goodbye, but then I went back to bed. I sat up and stretched, letting all the tension in my muscles go. My eyes were stabbed by the light coming in from the window. I rubbed them, then got up and looked around. There were boxes that still had to be unpacked, but I would do that after breakfast.

I walked into the kitchen to find a little white bag on the counter. I peeked inside it to find that it had donuts inside it. There was a note underneath it from Kazuto.

Hope you enjoy this. I thought you deserved something as sweet as you are! I love you and I hope you have a good day. I'll see you when you come home.

-Kazuto

I smiled as I read the note. I picked out a donut from the bag. It was a chocolate frosted donut with rainbow sprinkles on it. I took a bite of it, finding that it was still kind of warm. It was so good and it had been a while since I'd eaten donuts, so I decided to take a moment to simply enjoy the donut. I savored the sweet flavor of the frosting and the chewy texture of the bread. 

Before I knew it, all the donuts were gone. I guess I was really hungry, since technically, I was eating for three people. I took out a glass, then got some juice from the refrigerator. It was grape juice, so it was pretty tart, but I really like grape juice.

When I'd finished with breakfast, I took my juice and walked into the living room, which was where I'd decided to start. There were boxes and trinkets all over the place where we'd brought them in and set them down, then went to get more stuff. I started by putting all the things that weren't in boxes in different places where they looked good. I knew that the first thing Kazuto would do when he got home was set up the tv, so anything I thought belonged to that, I put in an empty box as gently as I could.

When I finished putting the decorations out, I put all the books in the bookshelf. I could only carry a few books at a time since my doctor told me not to strain myself or lift anything over 15 pounds. It took me a little while, but I finally got all the books on the shelf and organized the way I liked them. Next, I decided to move on to the next room, since everything in the living room, with the exception of the furniture and the tv, had been set up and put together.

I walked into the nursery, which looked like we were dismantling it, rather than putting it together. It didn't take me long to put everything in its place and put the cribs together. They were already built, I just had to put the sheets and mattresses in, along with the throw pillows that had been given to us as a gift by Kazuto's mom. She'd seen the nursery before we had it all put together and thought they would go well with the decor. 

Once I got the cribs put together and set up, I put all the baby clothes in the dresser, which didn't take me more than a few minutes. They were so small and already folded. There was nobody to mess with them yet, so they weren't messy or crumpled. 

When I had done that, all I had to do was put the decorations up. There was the little hanging anchor and star, which I put back on the dresser, and there were also a few toys that went in a little basket on top of the dresser, along with a little lamp with boats and cute little bears on the lamp shade.

I would have put the curtains up, but I couldn't reach them and if I fell... I didn't even want to think about the possibilities if I fell. I left the curtain rod and the curtains on the floor in the corner then moved on to the bedroom. It was the last room that there was and some of the stuff for it was in the dining room on the table. It completely took up the table and some of the chairs.

I put my clothes away in their appropriate drawers then picked up a box of things that belonged to Kazuto. In a few of the boxes, there were a bunch of computer monitors and in another, there was the computer. It was tangled up in chords and the boxes looked like they'd been sitting in a dusty place for a while.