05.

It was practically dark by the time I got back and my mom wasn't there, something that I was expecting so I locked the door behind me before moving further into our modest home, dumping my stuff as I did so, telling myself that I'd pick it up later.

I ran my bath as I prepared for it; grabbing my book and ipod speaker, ducking into my mom's room to grab a candle too.

Once I was happy with the temperature of the water and the amount of bubbles I had, I turned my music on and stripped off, humming as I sunk into the hot water seconds later, a happy sigh leaving my lips and I reached over and grabbed my book.

I didn't even get through five pages before the lights flickered above me a couple of times before they shut off altogether.

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned, tossing my book to the floor. Now I had to try and get out of here again. In the dark.

Or I could stay in here until the water gets cold. The lights would be back on in a few minutes anyway. Besides, the candle was giving off a nice light.

Another sigh left my mouth as I sunk down further, submerging myself under the water, only to shoot up again seconds later when I heard a crashing noise come from outside.

"Okay, that was creepy." I muttered, wiping my face and I decided that I would in fact be getting out now.

If that was somebody planning to kill me, they would not be doing it when I was naked.

I blindly searched for my towel, the stupid candlelight not doing anything to help and it took me a while but I managed to grab it and I wrapped it around myself as I carefully stepped out of the tub but I froze with one leg out of the tub when I heard the noise again and I realised that it sounded like our trash cans being knocked over.

Confused, I made my way through to my bedroom, automatically flicking the lightswitch as I completely forgot about the fact that the power was off, grabbing the first pants and shirt I felt as I came to my wardrobe before moving to my drawers.

Then, once I was dressed, I stumbled towards my window, the trashcans being right by them and I timidly pulled back the curtains.

At first, I saw nothing but then thanks to the moonlight, I saw the outline of a person, standing by them and they looked as if they were swaying back and forth.

Perhaps someone has had a little bit too much to drink.

I giggled to myself as I watched the drunk bump into them again, this time making them fall to the ground and as soon as they hit it, the power came back on and almost immediately, their attention was brought to me.

As the staggered towards my window, I decided to make sure that they were alright and opened the latch before shoving it open.

It soon became clear to me that that was probably the worst idea that I could have had because as soon as I leant out and they were close enough, they had their fingers tangled in my hair and were trying to pull my head towards their face. More specifically, their mouth which had a strange, growling noise was coming from.

I was screaming, screaming louder than I had before as I tried desperately to tear myself away.

Their breath smelled rancid, in fact, something was strange. His whole body smelled off, rotten even.

"Taylor?"

"Mom?!" I cried, managing to get some distance between me and the man's face, "Mom!"

She threw the door open, face paling at the sight before her but then she was quickly beside me, her arms around my torso as she began pulling me away and it took a great deal of strength but she finally got me away from him, the two of us falling to the floor while he kept reaching in for us.

"Close it," I sobbed, scrambling away from the window, "Mom, close the window!"

She wasted no time in slamming it shut, but I let out another scream when it closed on his arm, chopping them clean off, the two limbs fell onto my carpet, clumps of hair still in the finger's grasps.

My mother stared at them in shock before turning her attention to me and she quickly hurried to my side, tucking me into her chest as she tried to soothe me.

"It's okay," she whispered, "You're okay."

From outside, the two of us could hear the guys growls as he continued to banf his head against the window.

"W-what's wrong with him?" I stuttered, watching as she got up from the floor but she ignored me, instead she grabbed a bag from my closet and threw it at me, "Mom?"

"We're going to the Clark's house. Shove some stuff in that bag and get ready." she instructed, swiftly leaving the room.

"Mom!" I called after her, "Mom, what's going on?"

"I'll explain everything later. Are you packing?"

I sniffled quietly and pushed myself up from the floor, grabbing the bag as I opened my drawers to grab some underwear and then moved to my wardrobe.

Outside, the man was still hitting his head against my window but I ignored it, instead, trying to find the necklace that Nick got me for my birthday a couple of years ago.

It was in my bedside table so I lunged across the bed to dig through it, finding the small moon shaped pendant and quickly clasped it around on my neck.

"Are you ready?"

I called back that I was just coming, taking one look around the room before closing the door behind me.

**

just a short chappy and i am working on another one