23.

The first thing I notice when I woke up was that it was still dark outside. The second, was that Nick wasn't laying beside me.

Normally, that wouldn't bother me but tonight, it just felt as if he was up to something.

So after pulling on some pants, I went in search of him and found him upstairs, pulling a plastic bag from his things.

"What are you doing?" I asked and he jumped at the sound of my voice, "Are you going somewhere?"

"Strand needs me to go to shore."

"Shore?" I repeated, "What? That's insane! You can't even see the shore we're so far away from land. The Zodiac won't make it that far."

"Then it's a good thing I'm not taking the Zodiac." he informed me and left the room.

"What?" I demanded, following him outside where the chilly air nipped at my exposed arms, making me pull the sleeves of my jumper down, "You're going to swim? Don't be so stupid, you'll catch a death!"

He turned around and placed his hands on my shoulders, "Strand needs me to do this for him."

"Do what?"

He ignored my question, "He says that if this all goes to plan, we'll have somewhere safe to stay. Somewhere more permanent."

I sighed and looked away from him. He wasn't going to not do it and there wasn't anything I could do to even try and stop him.

"I gotta do this, Tay." Nick whispered and I looked up at him again, "I owe him. For bringing us with him."

I began playing with the bottom of my sweater, "I guess it'd be nice to get off the boat."

"There we go," he grinned and the two of us walked down the steps to the small deck, where I anxiously looked down into the choppy waters.

"You can't let anyone know where I'm going," he said from behind me, "So if my mom asks,"

"I'll say I don't know." I finished, looking over my shoulder, "Got it."

He gave me a smile in return and started pulling his shirt over his head.

"What are you doing?" I asked, eying his now revealed skin, "N-Nick, you're going to freeze."

"They'll only cause drag." he muttered, throwing the shirt at me and his hands went to his belt.

Oh Jesus.

"Nick!"

"More weight." was all he said and looked away as he continued to undress.

"Trying to tease me." I said under my breath.

"Taylor," he said and when I didn't look, he threw his pants at me, "Put 'em in that bag there and come on, like you haven't seen it before."

"That was different, Nick! We weren't standing on the deck of a boat where your mom and or sister could come out at any time."

He gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I'll see you when I get back."

I grabbed his hand and finally turned to look at him, standing up, "I'll come with you."

"Taylor," he said quietly, smile on his face as if he wasn't standing buck naked, "You can't swim."

"I know," I shrugged, resting my forehead against his, "Just be careful."

He nodded his head, pushing some hair behind my ear, "I will. Nothing can get me."

"Nick-"

"I'm kidding," he murmured, kissing me again, "Look out for a Alicia for me."

"Okay," I whispered, puckering my lips again and he smiled, granted me my kiss before turning to make his leave.