21.

"No," Maddie said firmly, "Going to shore is not an option. It's too dangerous."

"Maddie," Travis murmured, touching her arm, "Hear them out."

"There's first aid kits," I said, instantly grabbing Daniel's attention, "A fair few and clothes. Maddie, there is no way way we can survive on just the clothes we have. It makes sense. Besides, the boat's stopped and probably will be for a good few hours."

"You are not going," she repeated, "Now drop it."

"The girl is right,"

I stared at Daniel with wide eyes. Did he just agree with me?

"Ofelia's arm. Her wound is infected and she needs medicine." he went on to say.

"There's a good chance that what she needs is on the beach," Nick murmured, "I'll help you find what you need."

"Alicia and I can gather up any clothes that we find," I offered, looking at Maddie again, "You know that it's a good idea."

"I'm going to help too, dad." Chris told his father, who nodded, for once not arguing.

Maddie looked at Daniel, "You stay with them at all times. Do not let them out of your sight."

"Understood."

"Okay," she nodded, "You can go."

Nick and Chris rushed outside onto the deck to get the Zodiac ready for us while I ran downstairs to get Alicia and some bags so we could put the clothes in.

"Alicia," I called, tapping on the door that she was behind, "Alicia, come on! We're going to shore."

"What?" she asked, the door opening as I made my way down the corridor to our small room, "What do you mean?"

"Something crashed on the shore. We're going to take a look and see if there's anything we can use."

"And mom's letting us do that?"

"It took a little convincing," I smiled, "But yes. We're doing it."

When I emerged back onto the deck, the first thing I saw was that Nick was talking to Ofelia. Now normally, that didn't bother but what was bothering me -just a little- was how her hand was lingering on his arm, where it stayed until they finished their conversation.

Now, don't get me wrong, I had never seen her do anything like that any other times they had been conversing and it was probably totally innocent but still, it made me a little nervous.

"Taylor?" Nick asked as he reached me, placing his hand on my cheek when I didn't answer, "Tay?"

I finally looked up at him, giving him a smile.

"You good?"

"Sure," I nodded, "Sorry, I was in a whole other world."

"Yeah? Well snap out of it, Beautiful." he grinned, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as he held up a list, "We've got a lot of shit to find."

I gave him another smile before turning my head to look back at Ofelia, who was now watching us with a weird expression on her face.

**

I gripped the sides of the Zodiac tightly as it charged through the choppy waters to reach the beach.

I could see both Chris and Alicia watching me carefully, amusement clear on their faces.

"I want you all to listen carefully," Daniel said loudly over the engine, "We stay together. Nobody goes wandering off on their own. We stay together. We don't know what else is on this beach."