16.

I wasn't even in the shower when the door was knocked on and after unlocking it, Nick slipped in.

Silently, he clicked the lock back into place before moving to stand in front of the sink, looking at me through the mirror.

"The way I felt out there," he began, "I never want to feel that way again."

I took a timid step towards him and started to rub his back.

"And to know that that's how I made you feel..." he continued, shaking his head, "'m sorry."

I ducked under his arm so I was between him and the sink, my eyes falling shut when he rest his forehead against mine. "It's okay." I whispered, "It's okay."

It was when I opened my eyes again, that I noticed how worn out he looked; the redness in his tired eyes, the frown lines on his forehead and the tangled mess that was his hair.

"Are you okay?"

He pulled back slightly and gave me a small smile, "You're the one who's lost your mom and fell overboard and you're asking if I'm okay."

"I know that being forced to quit cold turkey will be taking it's toll on you. I've seen you go through it before, remember?" I murmured, running my thumb over the creases on his forehead, "I know how hard you found it."

He nodded, "It is. Sometimes I feel as if I need to use again but it goes away. I'm getting better."

"I know," I smiled, giving him a light kiss, "And I'm so proud of you."

He caught hold of my arm as I moved to finally turn the shower on, pulling me into another kiss, his hands skimming down my body before moving to the back of my thighs and I let out a small gasp when he hoisted me onto the sink counter.

"I love you," he breathed when he broke apart.

"I know," I repeated, resting my hand on his cheek, "And I love you. Have done since I was sixteen and I probably always will."

I shivered slightly when he ran his finger along my exposed collarbone and he pulled away with a frown on his face.

"You're cold," he mumbled, ignoring me when I tried to explain and he reached around me to turn on the shower, "Get in."

I nodded, "Okay."

"I'll be back up on deck," he said as he opened the door, "I need to say thank you to Chris."

The door closed quietly behind him and I smiled to myself before I began stripping off my filthy clothes.

The shower did look heavenly.

**

I emerged feeling refreshed and somewhat energised, towel drying my hair while walking up the steeps to the deck. I could see everyone staring after Chris as he stormed inside to where I was,giving me a harsh look as he passed by me.

"Did I miss something?" I asked, stepping out into the warm afternoon air.

"Just Chris flipping his mother off a table into the water." Alicia muttered, leaning against the frame of the door.

My mouth fell open as I stared at the empty table, "Holy shit."

She nodded and disappeared while I decided to follow after the young man, finding him sat on a recliner out at the very front of the boat, staring blankly at the water.

"Hey," I said quietly, sitting down on the one opposite him, "How...are you okay?"

"What do you think?"

I sighed and lay down, covering my face with my hands, "I know. Stupid question, I know what you're feeling. How you're feeling. You're angry. No, you're furious. And you're thinking, why was it them?"

He nodded silently and I reached over to place my hands on his shoulder.

"I know what you're going through. Everyone else, they say they know but they don't. I lost my mom last night as well so if you need to talk, you can talk to me."

He finally looked at me as I stood up and he gave me a faint smile, "Thank you."

I gave his shoulder another squeeze and decided that I would leave him on his own for a bit, walking around the side of the boat, where I came around the corner in time to see Daniel reeling a long eel like creature out of the water.

"Woah," I said loudly, "How the heck do you know how to do this?"

He gave me a smile, "I've been doing this for many years." He then glanced down at the eel, "Which is a good thing because this, this means we get to eat tonight."

I gave him a bigger smile, eyebrows furrowing when he held it out to me, "Woah, no. I'm not touching it."

"Just take it inside," he muttered, "You're going to be dealing with a lot more than this."

**

The fish was cooked in the oven and I was helping Maddie prepare some things to go along with it.

Nick came down the stairs and I gave him a look when I noticed he was wearing that damn jacket again but all I got in return was a wink.

"What is that?" he asked, gesturing to the fish that Daniel placed it down in the middle of the table, "It looks disgusting."

I gave his arm a swat, "Hey! This is your dinner. Be appreciative."

"Okay," he grinned, holding his hands up in surrender, "I'm totally appreciating it."

We both took a seat at the wooden table and began picking at the vegetables.

"Chris!" Travis called, standing at the door, "Chris, please come and eat something!"

I smacked Nick's hand away from the eel again when he started prodding at it.

"Stop it!" he laughed, tangling my fingers with his and a big smile appeared on his face.

The atmosphere was lighter, everyone was talking and laughing but I saw Chris move past the door quickly.

Then there was a splash.