42.

i asked, you answered and i listened. hope you like this one!

**

Lights blinded me as Nick, Luciana and I were dragged by the soldiers.

To where? Only God knows. 

Nick was putting up a fight; kicking and trying to wrestle his way out of their hands, "Taylor, Tay, are you still behind me?" 

"Yes," I whispered, feeling a tear roll down my face and the raised my voice so he could hear me, "Yes. Nick, please. Stop struggling. I'm here."

He grunted, craning his neck to try and see me and not wanting him to hurt himself, I looked at the blonde guy who was in charge. 

"Please," I whispered, "He just needs to see that I'm okay. That you're not hurting me." 

He rolled his eyes, "Turn him." 

I met Nick's eyes as he turned, giving him anything but a convincing smile, "I'm okay." 

He tried to look over my shoulder to see Luciana but he was roughly turned back around. 

"Where are you taking us?" I asked, jumping when we heard gunshots along with screams of pain, "What was that?"

"Oh my God," the man beside me said loudly, "Will you shut up? Jesus woman. Put 'em in here."

Nick was shoved inside roughly, then me and lastly, Luciana, who stumbled over her own feet but I managed to catch her before she hit the ground. 

"Sit down." the man instructed, pushing me into the wall, "And you. Keep quiet." 

Nick slowly lowered Luciana down beside me and then sat down on my other side, where he quickly wrapped his arm around me. 

"Here," I whispered, guiding Luciana's head onto my shoulder, "Rest there." 

Once I was sure she was comfortable, I looked around the room we were now in. 

It was crowded, tons of sick and injured people and I looked up into Nick's eyes, tears welling in my own, "I don't want to die." 

He said nothing, instead, he kissed my forehead repeatedly and knowing him as well as I do, I knew that he was just as scared as I was.

**

There was no telling just how long had passed. Every so often, some of the soldiers would come in and drag one or two people away. Minutes later, we'd hear gunshots. 

Luciana was heavy against my shoulder, meaning she was either dead or had succumbed to the pain and passed out and to reassure myself, I reached up to check her pulse. 

"She's still here," I whispered to myself, "She's still here." 

The door opened but I was too busy concentrating on not freaking out, that I didn't look up. Not until the door shut again because I knew that the men were gone. 

I looked at each of the filthy individuals who were on the other side of the small room, eyes widening as I recognised one. 

Travis.

"Nick," I whispered, nudging him, "Nick."

He looked down at me then to where I was looking and I felt him tense next to me, "Travis? Tay, if he's here..."

"Your mom and Alicia." 

Travis finally realised that we were there and frowned. 

"Nick, maybe they aren't here. You said that he went to find Chris, right?"