Stereotypes of being a writer/Author

T'was a time where thy hobby was anon...

Ok I can definitely not carry on writing like that *sighs*

How many of you reading this are writer's/authors? Have you faced any questions from people that made you want to take a pitchfork and stab your own eye's?

Aye or nay?

To be honest, I was only a reader for one year since I had joined wattpad but then I started to explore the other aspects and here I am.

I did not go around telling people that writing is my hobby. People started to assume that I was a couch potato, slugging all day and started to brag about 'their baggings in life' with a smug grin on their faces while I just nodded and went along with them.

A few months went by and my secret was out in the open that I was a writer...

I can never forget those days of agony that I had to face (which I do even now)

The assumptions that people have makes me want to run away to Bali and and swim away with a dolphin xD

~ Stereotypes associated with being a writer ~

~ All writers are heavy drinker's

Writers are prone to alcoholism. Certainly,
some writers fall prey to alcohol/coffee  addiction , but I don’t think authors are especially susceptible compared to other groups.

"Where is your secret stash of coffee?"

"What's your capacity? 4 bottles straight into the mouth?"

Why do people think that all writers pull out an all nighter of drinking coffee to keep themselves awake and write their stories?

I prefer coffee to tea but I definitely don't   own stashes of coffee powder that varies from countries and taste.

Adult writers may have alcohol but they are definitely not drunk yards slurring away mumbling about their new book that makes them lose their sleep.
(I think) LOL

~ Writers are unkempt.

There was this kid who came upto me and asked if looking like a hobo is common among writers -.-

Just one day I wore a hoodie and a 3/4th , sneakers with my messy curly hair springing at a 360° and that's the day a few peers of mine assumed that writers look like hobo when they are going through a heavy writers block ._.

P.H.U.C.K   Y.O.U :3

"What's the general attire of a writer/Author?" Said kid from above para asked me.

Just wear clothes kiddo. There might be writers roaming around their house butt naked because they own the house and can do anything they want but surely you don't want to display your birthday suits in public right?