Part Three

We ended up staying at Luke's house for a couple of hours as my mum got talking to Luke's mum but to be honest on today of all days I think Liz needed someone to talk to who wasn't Ben, Jack or her husband. 

I ended up watching Sean of the dead with both Jack and Ben as Ben joined us in the living room, their choice of course which I didn't mind luckily I didn't have a  fear of blood as the film was pretty gruesome but not as bad as some films I've seen. The boys talked through some of it, laughing at some parts and being quiet during the other parts.

When it ended Jack left us alone, luckily for me I didn't feel awkward around Ben as he was pretty laid back same with Jack but he was a little more mature you could say. "so did your mum make you come round here?" Ben asked breaking the silence that surrounded us. "No, actually she didn't," I say looking at him.

 "I was actually celebrating my friends birthday today but then I felt bad as we were having a good time and laughing" I then continued Ben was looking at me, eyebrow raised as he looked at me. "what do you mean you felt bad for having a good time and laughing?" He asked. "Because I remembered what your family, Calum's family, Michael and Ashton's family are going through today and then I felt bad for laughing and being happy when you lot aren't," I said. "Doesn't mean you can't be happy because we aren't Yn?" He said to me.

" I know but I still felt bad and you know what annoyed me not one of my friends remembered that it's been two years since they all disappeared," I said to Ben. "And you remembered?" He asked me with a slight smile on his face.

"Yeah I did so that was one of the reasons why I left the celebrations of my friends birthday because I needed to do something to show you all that some people remembered this day and some people cared. " I say. "that's kind of you, I can tell you my mother really appreciates it and my father will too when he gets home," Ben said, I smiled. "well some people might not have remembered but we did," I say, he nodded his head. " I know you're amazing and thoughtful," He said smiling. " I know right," I say confidently, he laughed then stopped quickly. "you alright Ben?" I asked, slightly concerned about how he went from laughing to stopping as quick as he started.

"That was the first time I have laughed in two years," He said quietly, I felt bad realising why he hasn't laughed in two years because of Luke's disappearance. " I'm sure Luke would want you to laugh and be happy Ben," I said as sensitive as I could. "I know but like you said it doesn't feel right to be laughing not when it's been two years, two fucking years and no one has gone looking for him," He said raising his voice a little.

" I know but you know why nobody could go looking because of the disappearances of the boys and the police officers," I said reminding him, he nodded his head while sighing.  "I know I just miss my little brother," He said getting up and walking out of the room. I watched him walk out, I felt sorry for them all.

I stood up and walked to the kitchen to see my mother still talking to Liz, Luke's mother.  "You alright yn?" My mother asked, seeing me now in the kitchen. "I was just wondering if I could use the bathroom, Mrs Hemmings, please?" I asked Luke's mother politely. "Of course dear, up the stairs, the last door on the right," She said, I thanked her before excusing myself and walking out of the kitchen. I walked up the stairs and walked to the last door on the right.

After leaving the bathroom I began walking when I saw one of the doors open, I wasn't really a nosey person but I found myself walking into the room anyway, after a while of observing the room I realised it was Luke's room. As I was observing his room, I noticed how everything was in the same place that Luke probably left it in. His room was slightly messy and his bed wasn't made, I was guessing that his family well mother wanted to keep it just the way it was when Luke left the house that day and never returned home.

Third Person POV

Yn walked over to Luke's desk, seeing something that caught her eye from where she stood before, she couldn't see what it was exactly so she let her feet carry her all the way to the desk. She saw papers on the desk which didn't interest her, she scanned the desk trying to find whatever she saw when she was stood further away from the desk that caught her eye. Her eyes soon landed on a piece of paper with writing on, writing that looked like directions to something.

Directions for what? She thought to herself, she picked up the paper never the less and looked at it again. Why would Luke have directions written down? Unless it was to that island, the island now named as the Island of Disappearances the island they disappeared on. She shook her head at the idea, did the boy's plan to go there and not realise they would disappear?  She placed it back down on the desk where she found it thinking it could be directions for something else. 

She turned around and began walking towards his door to walk out of his room. She walked out of his room, being cautious as she didn't want to be caught leaving Luke's room as she wouldn't know what to say to explain why she was in there in the first place. 

She made her way back down the stairs to see her mother and Luke's standing at the bottom of the stairs. "there you are YN, I'm ready to go now" YN's mother said, she nodded her head while saying a quick "alright" before hurrying down the stairs. Both of them said a quick goodbye before leaving the house, Yn's mother stayed speaking to Luke's mother as Yn walked down to the car holding her mother's car keys in her hand, she couldn't help but think about the directions in Luke's room. Were they actually the directions to that island they disappeared on or to something else?

She was curious about them but she wasn't going to find out what they were for unless she asked one of Luke's brothers about them but then they would find out she was in Luke's room and she didn't want anyone to know she was. She was left to think her own thoughts and to think about what the directions could be for without knowing the actual reason behind the directions.