Part Seventeen

Luke's Point Of View

My head was in the gap of yn 's neck, I could feel not only her warmth radiating from her body but her breathing, as her heart was pumping the blood around her body. Her body went up and down as she breathed. Her body making my own go up and down on top of hers as I was laying on her. Why was I laying on her? To be honest, every time I get the way I just did with Michael it makes my body go weak for a little while as I calm down hence the reason I was laying on Yn.

My eyes closed as I listened to her heart beating was rapid. It was racing in fact. Why was it like that? Surely it's not supposed to be like that? "Luke" Yn called my name, my eyes darted open and I moved a little to look at her, her head was tilted to the side to look at me. "Yeah?" " Are you alright now?" She asked me, I nodded my head. "Yeah, fine thanks," I say looking into her eyes. She was doing the same to me.

"can you get off me now" She then said, breaking eye contact. I quickly got off her and stood up. I helped her up, yet again the warmth I got from her just by touching her hand was indescribable. "Thanks," She said brushing off her clothes from the dirt.

I looked around the shack to see the boys all sat down on the floor looking at me. "You alright now Luke?" Ashton asked me. "Like I said to yn already. I'm alright" I say moving to sit next to Calum. Yn had sat back down on the opposite end of the shack to us.

"Do you think this is a good idea, Luke?" Calum asked while whispering to me. "What do you mean?" I whispered back. "Keeping her alive, she won't survive for long Luke. We don't have any proper water or food that she could drink or eat. You know that. The only thing we have is food and simple supplies of water that we had taken from the boats of all the other humans that came here" He whispered back.

"I know that but she'll be fine. I'll find a way to keep her alive" I said very determinedly leaning my back against the wall of the shack as I looked over yn to see she had her eyes closed. "Why, though, she's just some girl Luke," Calum said. " You just don't understand," I say closing my eyes, pretending to go to sleep when I wasn't even tired.

"You're asking for trouble" I heard Calum say. Was I being stupid thinking that I could keep her alive and hidden from the master? I don't know it was worth a try. Normally, I wouldn't even think or care about anything. I didn't think I could care about being turned but seeing her on this island- I guess changed everything. I felt the need to protect her to keep her safe.

It was quiet in the shack after mine and Calum's whisperings. However, the silence wasn't like it for long as it was soon broken by yelling. "Help!"  My eyes opened from hearing the yelling. I looked to the boys to see they were still sat there. I looked to Yn to see her eyes were now open. "Help!" Whoever it was yelled again. I soon stood up seeing Yn starting to stand.  "Yn, don't even think about it," I said sternly, seeing her stand up and walking over to the door. "That's one of my friends,"  She said standing in front of me again. I stood there, arms crossed.

"I'm not letting you go out there," I said again this time. "You can't stop me," She said going to walk around me. I grabbed her and held her with both of my hands on her arms. "Are you trying to die?" I asked her. "No, I'm trying to save my friends from dying by fucking cold-hearted vampires" She spat.

"Hey, less of the cold-hearted please," Michael said from behind me. YN scoffed, "what you are." She said, "Luke please let me go, I need to help my friends, please" She begged me. I just looked at her,  I couldn't let her go. I couldn't. I couldn't let her go out there when there was a chance the master and the other vampires and bvs' could be out there.

"No," I said simply, I wasn't going to beat around the bush here, I told her straight. " You can't make me stay, you have no authority over me. You can't tell me what to do, Luke" She spat at me, trying to tear my hands off her arms but this time I tightened my grip. "I've told you once, you're not going," I said sternly. She laughed at me.