Part Thirteen

Josh's Point Of View.

I managed to keep running and not fall over as falling over would be a stupid mistake especially when being chased and running for your life. It was the thought of seeing my family, my little sister and my two best friends that kept me running despite not having water or any food. I had to keep running, I wasn't ready to give up just yet hopefully Calum would as he was still giving chase.

Where were the others? I thought to myself. I hadn't seen any of them. I hoped they were safe but with these blood-sucking vampires anything could happen, they're smart. They know what they want and that unfortunately was our blood. Unfortunately for them if they wanted that blood they would have to try harder as I wasn't given it up too quickly. It's my blood and my life wasn't ending just so they could get their fix you could say.

Who even bit them in the first place to turn them into these vile creatures that once were four boys that used to live happily? It made me wonder, was there worse vampires than the boys? It made sense for them to turn to what they are now, there had to be others here in the first place to turn the boys. If there was, where are they?

Will we meet them?

Then I thought about the two police officers that came looking for the boys when they disappeared, were they, vampires, too or are they dead?

I carried on running when I saw a figure in the distance, squinting my eyes to see the person looked familiar I think. As I kept running the figure came more visible to see it was Sonny. The relief I had that he was alive and I wasn't the only one, was a nice feeling. "Sonny!" I yelled to see him look towards me. "Josh? Is that you?" He yelled.

I looked behind me to see Calum wasn't any longer chasing me, weird. Looking back at Sonny he was walking towards me, knowing I wasn't being chased anymore I slowed down till I was walking. "Have you seen the girls?" We both asked at the same time, "no you?" "Nope, not one sign of them" I say sighing. I decided to sit down on the sand and rest while I could.

Sonny sat down next to me and ran his hand through his hair. "Man it's so hot," He said looking back at me. " I know and I'm so thirsty," I said before running my tongue along my dry lips. "Very thirsty"

"I did think of drinking some of that seawater -" he started saying but stopped. "Why did you stop?" I ask curiously. "I just thought it's going to be salty," he said. "It might not taste nice" "but it's water and we need water. I think maybe we need to ignore the fact that it could have loads of salt in the water and what else and think about what will happen if we don't have fluids. We have to keep dehydrated at least especially as we don't have food" I say.

Standing up, Sonny stood up. "I don't like the idea but your right. We need water and we need to drink some so what if it is salty water. It's drink or die" We were soon walking to the end of the island to drink some of the water even if it was salty, water was water and we desperately needed water.

"I just hope the girls are alright," I say as we walked making conversation as it was quiet. I hated quietness. "Me too, well let's just hope none of them is with the bloodsuckers," he said. I glared at him. "Don't talk like that Sonny for heaven's sake?" I say shaking my head at him.

I didn't need to hear that not when I was starting to think it myself as we hadn't seen either Ciara or Yn. However, there could be a reasonable explanation of why we haven't seen them yet. They're both alive, I know it. They're alive we just need to find them.

Yn's Point Of View.

I gave up trying to get out of Luke's grip ages ago, he was still dragging me despite me making it difficult. I didn't know where he was trying to take me and if I was honest I didn't want to find out. It still scared me how he said I was his. What did he mean by that? Was I his to kill or what? I have no idea but the thought of the unknown scared me. If I could just see the boys again and knew they were safe, I might not be the only one alive that would be great right now.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask speaking up for the first time in a very long time. I wanted to know, I was curious. He didn't answer me he kept walking. Ignorance is horrible, rude and not manly not like he was a man anyway when he was a vampire but you know it was all those things.

"If you're going to kill me can you just get it over with? I'd rather die now after seeing my friend die in front of my own eyes then live and re-see it every day till I die of no food or water" "If I wanted to kill you I would have let that Drake kill you, sweetie." He said and I fell onto the sand. He had let me go, I could run if I wanted to me, my mind was telling me too but I couldn't.

I was frozen, I looked up to see Luke looking down at me with affection and care in his eyes if that was possible, that only happens when you're human and he wasn't.  I've seen him with his fangs contracted so how could he look at me like that? The answer, he couldn't. He couldn't feel, he couldn't care. He was a heartless cold vampire but yet why wasn't I running when my mind was telling me to run as fast as I could?